cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ShowMeTheAnswer
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Datasource not there in "Tablet" version ..create from blank?

Hi Quick one,

I've created an OK (ish) app in the "Phone" format.

I understand too make it for tablet, instead of there just being a Checkbox to change format, I need to re-create as a Tablet App. (OK fair enough).

But...Having done so, my datasource is not avaliable for selection in the list in the "Tablet" format app?

It's still there in the "Phone" one?! Why would this be? Is there some kind of specific restriction?

Accepted Solutions
Super User Rank
Super User

Re: PowerApps Datasource not there in "Tablet" version ..create from blank?

Hi @ShowMeTheAnswer,

If I understand correctly, you want to recreate an app that you have produced but using a tablet layout.  You would start by going to web.powerapps.com and selecting the first option under make your own app.  Canvas app from blank.  Then choose the tablet layout.  PowerApps will create a blank tablet layout.  You add the datasource manually as shown hereCapture3.PNG

If the connection to your data source is not in the list on the flyout, then add it as a new connection.  

All Replies
Super User Rank
Super User

Hi @ShowMeTheAnswer,

If I understand correctly, you want to recreate an app that you have produced but using a tablet layout.  You would start by going to web.powerapps.com and selecting the first option under make your own app.  Canvas app from blank.  Then choose the tablet layout.  PowerApps will create a blank tablet layout.  You add the datasource manually as shown hereCapture3.PNG

If the connection to your data source is not in the list on the flyout, then add it as a new connection.  

Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Hi @ShowMeTheAnswer,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please check if you have provided proper SP Site URL when you created a connection to your SP list within your Tablet app as below:1.JPG

Please also check if you have removed/deleted the corresponding SP list from your SP Site.

In addition, if the corresponding SP list is available in your SP Site, and you want to create a Tablet app based on it, I think it is not necessary to re-create an app.

On your side, you only need to change the Orientation of your Phone layout app into the Landspace, then click "Apply" button. After that, save your app as another name. Please check the following GIF screenshot for more details:Test1.gif

Please take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

ShowMeTheAnswer

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I think saving as Landscape is not the same as designing for a tablet (It's still designed for a phone just the other way round).

With a blank tablet app, you get more options, I've attached a screenshot showing them.

It's a real shame those options aren't there on a "phone" app as now, I'll have to re-design everything (the app is ready otherwise!).

Datasource wise, the datasource (an SQL server) is randomly now back in the list for selection (Possibly you need to save the app first?) so thats OK now.

ShowMeTheAnswer

Thanks, randomly the datasource is somehow there for selection today, wasn't there on Thursday when I created the original post(!). Possibly I needed to save the app first.

Don't happen to know if there is a way to copy the elements from my phone app across to the tablet app?