cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PBala
Level: Powered On

PowerApps License question

Hi,

I need some clarification on the license . I am on PowerApps Plan 2, using oracle premium connector. When I share with a user, why does it ask them to sign up for PowerApps Trail. All the user is doing is making changes to the form. Our organization has Office E3 license. 

Thanks

Priya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps License question

Hi @PBala ,

Currently, within PowerApps, if the user in your Org wants to run the app you shared with, each of them must own a appropriate license.

Accordind to your issue, if you add a Oracle premium connector within your app, and share it with your end users in your Org, each of the end users must individually own PowerApps Plan 1 license at least for their account.

Currently, Office 365 license includes PowerApps could not access premium connector within a canvas app. Please check the following article for more detials:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/pricing-billing-skus#powerapps-for-office-365

The end user could sign up a PowerApps Plan 2 free trial license, during the trial, users have would access to all of the features in PowerApps Plan 2. When the trial expires, users have these options:

1. Users who have access to PowerApps or Microsoft Flow through Office 365 or Dynamics 365 apps and plans can still access PowerApps or Microsoft Flow. However, those users will lose access to any features that are exclusive to Plan 2, as outlined on the PowerApps pricing page. Select Dynamics 365 apps and plans include PowerApps Plan 2.

2. Users who don't have access through Office 365 or Dynamics 365 (select apps and plans) can request to extend the trial, or they can purchase a stand-alone plan. For more information, see Purchase PowerApps for your organization.

3. Request for extending your PowerApps Plan 2 free trial license

Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/pricing-billing-skus#powerapps-plan-2-free-tri...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

When running a PowerApps app each user runs it in their own security context.  If you are using a connector then they need a Premium license also.  That's why its asking them to sign up for a trial.  But if its using the Oracle connector then they only need a Plan 1 license, not a Plan 2.  Unfortunately, there is no trial for that. The trial is just for Plan 2.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
PBala
Level: Powered On

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  Sorry, I am new to PowerApps. Attached (image1) is the premimum connector I am using . When I share, they get ( Image 2). So basically, after the trial period ends, they will need to be subscriped to Plan 1 inorder to make edits to the App?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @PBala 

Yes, that's correct. After the trial period ends, the user may still be able to open the app. However, the user won't be able to do very much because any data operation against the Oracle data source will fail. At design time, the user will typically see red exclamation icons against controls that bind to the data, such as the gallery control.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @PBala ,

Currently, within PowerApps, if the user in your Org wants to run the app you shared with, each of them must own a appropriate license.

Accordind to your issue, if you add a Oracle premium connector within your app, and share it with your end users in your Org, each of the end users must individually own PowerApps Plan 1 license at least for their account.

Currently, Office 365 license includes PowerApps could not access premium connector within a canvas app. Please check the following article for more detials:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/pricing-billing-skus#powerapps-for-office-365

The end user could sign up a PowerApps Plan 2 free trial license, during the trial, users have would access to all of the features in PowerApps Plan 2. When the trial expires, users have these options:

1. Users who have access to PowerApps or Microsoft Flow through Office 365 or Dynamics 365 apps and plans can still access PowerApps or Microsoft Flow. However, those users will lose access to any features that are exclusive to Plan 2, as outlined on the PowerApps pricing page. Select Dynamics 365 apps and plans include PowerApps Plan 2.

2. Users who don't have access through Office 365 or Dynamics 365 (select apps and plans) can request to extend the trial, or they can purchase a stand-alone plan. For more information, see Purchase PowerApps for your organization.

3. Request for extending your PowerApps Plan 2 free trial license

Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/pricing-billing-skus#powerapps-plan-2-free-tri...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.