cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidBuckley
Level: Power Up

PowerApps People Picker Bug

I am currently experiencing a bug in PowerApps in which SharePoint appears to cache the the previous value of a people picker field on submit of the form. 

I recreated the issue in a new SharePoint list with a new PowerApp. Here are the steps I took to reproduce the issue:

1. Created a new SharePoint list with only a Title field and a People Picker. (People Picker has multi-value enabled)

2. Created a new PowerApp by selecting "Customise Forms" in the list.

3. Created a new item with both fields filled in.

4. Created another item with different values.

On submit of the form the people picker field flashes with the previous entries value. Note it does save with the correct values. This would't normally be an issue but I am using the PowerApp to trigger a flow and the value of the people picker field is used to send emails. Thus, when submitting the form, it send the email with the previous list item people picker value which isnt the desired outcome.

As this issue is fairly difficult to describe, please see the gif which outlines the issue:

PowerApps.gifpowerapp people picker issue

You will see that on save the notified field flashes to show 2 values in the people picker field as opposed to the one I entered. These values are the values from the previous list item, thus the notification email flow sends an email to is sent to the wrong people. The email string is created an a variable in PowerApps and passed to the flow.

Again, I have recreated this issue in a new list with a new app - so it does appear to be a bug.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Do let me know if you need any further information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps People Picker Bug

Hi @DavidBuckley ,

Do you mean that the People Picker field would display previous values when you submit a new item into your SP list using custom form?

Could you please share a screenshot about your flow's configuration? Do you pass the corresponding People picker field values to your flow using "PowerApps" trigger button within your flow? Do you fire a flow from your app?

I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side. Actually, it is not necessary to fire/trigger a flow from your app.

As an alternative solution, you could consider take a try to use the "When an item is created" trigger as the trigger in your flow instead of the "PowerApps" button trigger. The "When an item is created" trigger would monitor if there is a new item created in your SP list, if yes, send notification to corresponding Person field values.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:12.JPG

Please take a try with above alternative solution, then check if the issue is solved on your side.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DavidBuckley ,

Do you mean that the People Picker field would display previous values when you submit a new item into your SP list using custom form?

Could you please share a screenshot about your flow's configuration? Do you pass the corresponding People picker field values to your flow using "PowerApps" trigger button within your flow? Do you fire a flow from your app?

I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side. Actually, it is not necessary to fire/trigger a flow from your app.

As an alternative solution, you could consider take a try to use the "When an item is created" trigger as the trigger in your flow instead of the "PowerApps" button trigger. The "When an item is created" trigger would monitor if there is a new item created in your SP list, if yes, send notification to corresponding Person field values.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:12.JPG

Please take a try with above alternative solution, then check if the issue is solved on your side.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
DavidBuckley
Level: Power Up

Hi Kris,

Thanks for your response. Yes that is indeecd the beaviour that was being shown. And yes, this indeed did work! Instead of passing a varible from the PowerApp, I used the flow to get the item and retrieve the values as shown in your response.

It does indeed seem a bug in PowerApps that can hopefully get resolved. The fix however was no more difficult than the original solution so makes no difference to me.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Kind Regards,

David Buckley

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 256 members 4,321 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: