cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbutterz
Level: Powered On

Re: PowerApps Plan Change 2/1/2019

Ok in the more detailed section it says the basic PowerApps for Office 365 plan has:

Capture.JPG

That to me says the basic plan can have cloud based connectivity AND on-prem connectivity - like SQL. So my company's E3 license will be able to use a SQL connector, without needed the Plan 1?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Thanks @rc for the additional detail:

@PaulD1 some clarifying content in the snippet above. Using the HTTP action card offered by the SharePoint connector (see screenshot) does not require the P1 license as it's within SharePoint.
image.png

You're right that using the HTTP action card to access other data sources like Cognitive Services will require P1 going forward, however the spirit of this move is not to monetize gaps in functionality that should be included in Office. Any gaps in the current connectors, especially in Office 365 data sources, should be resolved in the connectors themselves so that the broadest possible set of users can take advantage of them without having to use the more advanced HTTP triggers. This is part of why there is a long extension to current users of these features to make sure we can properly close gaps.

It would be much more reassuring to just make it so that any HTTP call to any Microsoft Service does not require the additional licensing costs. After all, if we are accessing an MS Service (such as Cognitive services) we are already paying for that service via Azure. There seems to be a significant lag between new features being added to services and those features being exposed in the relevant Flow actions, so 'properly closing the gaps' is a continually moving target.

I would also like to see an alternate 'per use' option made available - an example, we have deployed an app which uses HTTP calls to Google translate (as Bing translate does not cover all the languages we need) - it will likely only be used occassionally. It would be good to have an option to pay per call (instead of the blanket extra cost per user regardless of how much the feature is used).

lburgess

Check the footnote. It says

2 On-premises connectivity is not available for Office 365 Business, Office 365 Enterprise E1 or Office 365 F1 SKUs.

JoaoN

Hello Guys, how is it going? I am new Power Apps user and I choose the Comunity Plan. My question is:

>> Can I create an app and use it in my mobile or tablet? Or this plan is just for training and learn at the web page?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 183 members 4,649 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: