cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4thGeneration
Level: Powered On

PowerApps form submitted to Google Sheet adding apostrophe infront of numbers

I've got a couple different PowerApps all having the same problem. When a form submits a number to a Google Sheet, be it a date, time, static number, dynamic number generated by a formula, an apostrophe appears infront of the number in the Google Sheet. The apostrophe doesn't appear if there are letters mixed in with the numbers, with the exception of date/times with AM/PM. The apostrophe doesn't show in the sheet unless you click the cell and look at its full value in the formula bar.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with Sheets or PowerApps.

Any ideas??

2 REPLIES 2
ripp

Re: PowerApps form submitted to Google Sheet adding apostrophe infront of numbers

I've noticed this problem too, and it has kept me from using Sheets in any application where data needs to be submitted or patched. It seems like any numerical or date value submitted to Sheets gets an apostrophe added. The single apostrophe formats the cell as plain text, and it's an issue I've had with Google Forms submissions as well. I don't know if it's a PowerApps issue or Sheets issue though.

There's a workaround here using another column with a formula to remove the apostrophe, but I don't know how useful it will be for your application.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/docs/lgsFQccOeqE

wacisner

Re: PowerApps form submitted to Google Sheet adding apostrophe infront of numbers

I am having the same issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 201 members 4,468 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: