cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glen
Level: Powered On

PowerApps restarts by itself on the mobile app (IOS) but the web browser was working fine

Dear PowerApps Team,

I am trying to load some data prior to the usage of the PowerApps to the collections and for some reason it will restart the PowerApp after some time. It works fine on the web browser though. Please advise what is the possible next steps to ascertain this issue. Thanks.

This is my session id on the mobile - e9e7fb0-cff6-4203-b608-5e0f83c7d125

Best regards,

Glen

7 REPLIES 7
PowerApps Staff cherie
PowerApps Staff

Re: PowerApps restarts by itself on the mobile app (IOS) but the web browser was working fine

Hey Glen,

What do you mean by restarting itself? Is it the full powerapps application that is restarting, or just your power app that reloads?

Unfortunately I wasn't able to see the telemetry from your session id, I was wondering if you could collect the session id, before reproducing the error?

Thanks!

Cherie

Glen

Re: PowerApps restarts by itself on the mobile app (IOS) but the web browser was working fine

Dear Cherie,

Thanks for the reply.

To clarify, the power apps is reloading, not the full powerapps application restarting.

Sure this is my current session id - c2188caf-184a-4a86-9db9-e4395c37cd72.

I'm not sure if there is a limitation using the ForAll function for about 97 contact records to filter their respective child records on the initial loading of the app.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Glen,

Do you mean that your PowerApps app would restart when you load data into a Collection within your app?

Which version is PowerApps Mobile App within your iOS device?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The version of my iOS device is 11.4.1, and the version of PowerApps Mobile App is 3.18091.14.

Please check if the version of PowerApps Mobile App within your iOS device is the latest version, if not, please upgrade it into the latest version, then check if the issue is still exists.

If the issue still exists, please take a try to uninstall the PowerApps Mobile App from your iOS device, and then re-install it again, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Glen

Dear Kris,

Thanks for replying.

My iOS version is 11.4.1 and the version of my PowerApps Mobile App is 3.18092.16

I tried your solution but it still persist.

This is my current session ID: 283916a4-5d49-47a5-bda2-1d3604c403ce.

I am working on an offline client for a customer and loading data into collections when the app is initialising.

Once the app is loaded, I have a gallery of clients which you can view the details in selecting a specific row. However, the application which I have implemented will restart after sometime. Is there a way to troubleshoot to see what might be the issue? Please advise. Thanks.

hjaf

I have recently experienced this issue myself on iOS 1.22 and powerapps 3.19051.17. As there is no error or indication as to what might cause this, there is no way to find a solution.

Did you find a solution or possible cause for the restarts? 

hjaf

This issue is probably related to this, the thread acknowledges an issue with improved rendering on iOS.

Harm_Jan

I am also experiencing this problem, it isn't consistent though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 256 members 4,050 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: