cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Posh-
Level: Power Up

PowerApps , unable to access shared Excel file file error "Failed load properties. An unknown"

A user is unable to view the data from the workbook in a Powerapp that has been shared with them. Error "  Failed load properties. An unknown error occurred" she can open a shared excel workbook in Onedrive for Business.  

We verify that user has view with (view access) and the connection was ok. it worked yesterday but not today.

We clear cache/IE and Chrome and access it through private mode but issue persist.  

checked this site already but no success. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/All-the-sudden-this-error-shows-up-on-premises-S...

Thanks advance for the help Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nvythms_LU

Re: PowerApps , unable to access shared Excel file file error "Failed load properties. An unkno

I had to add the excel file in a folder and share it with the users so that they can use the Powerapp linked to the excel data source.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps , unable to access shared Excel file file error "Failed load properties. An unkno

Hi @Posh-,

How about the other user's permission configured for the Shared folder in OneDrive for Business? Are all the permissions set to read Access level?

Further, as the App worked before, any updates or changes have been made recently?

In addition to the permission configured under the data source side, please also verify the App Sharing permission set.

Besides, take a try to remove the Data source under Edit mode, then add the corresponding file again, save the App and then to check the issue out.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
nalk
Level: Powered On

Hello,

I am facing the same issue.

Users have not trouble accessing and editing the file from onedrive but from the powerapp, only the owner is able to access it.

I tried recreating the datasource but it did not change anything.

Everything was working fine until last week.

This issue is really critical for us as the powerapps is one the key part of our client invoicing process.

Thanks in advance for your help

nvythms_LU

I had to add the excel file in a folder and share it with the users so that they can use the Powerapp linked to the excel data source.