cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meneghino
Level 10

Re: Powerapp date field can't display data from SQL table

Hi @panterra, I think I read somewhere something about the end of the year / beginning of next year, but I would not bank on that.

Wil
Level: Powered On

Hi @v-micsh-msft,

Any news about the fix?

Thanks

MelindaK
Level 8

Hi,

Also looking for this .... are there no news about fixing this?

Not being able to do <, > on a database is quite a big stop for us as we cannot alter the column type in the database.

Thanks

MelindaK
panterra
Level 8

Thank you for the update! 

mzhang

Hi, PowerApp development team,

Here is my latest finding of this disturbing bug for displaying the data of date and datetime datatypes:

1. PowerApps can accepts two datatypes in sql server to display time; date and datetime.
  2. At any given time, only one of the two would work to display time in the user interface of PowerApps app (for example, the time fields in the record details table in PowerApps app), but the date or datetime data entered through the user interface of the PowerApps app would be stored in the database correctly.
  3. PowerApps software platform would flip flop to change the behavior described in step 2, causing my application wither work / or not work in displaying time fields at any given time,  here are some of my examples,
    1. I have made a PowerApps diagnostic app including both date and datetime fields, so that I can run it at any given time to show me which one of the two datatypes would work, in the beginning of my PowerApps app development about 3-4 months ago (I wrote the initial report of this thread).
    2. When I started developing a purchase order app several months ago, the datetime would work, so I used this datatype in various time fields in the database, and the app has been in produciton and deployed to employees of our company.
    3. Last Friday (1/12/2018), I sudenly noticed the time fields in my app did not display times anymore. When I ran my diagnostic app, I found only the date datatype would work this time. So I rushed to change the time fields in our production database to the datatype of date to fix the problem, and the fix tested OK.
    4. Today (1/16/2018), My app would not work again, and my disgnostic tool tells me that the datetime datatype is in favor now by PowerApps software platform.

My fix of this problem would be to constantly change the datatype of time fields in the database depending on which one of the two would work at any given time.

Can you look at this issue let us know what happened? It is difficult for me to develop software under this condition.

Thanks.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi all,

Date column from SQL Server now should be able to be displayed under PowerApps:

Under PowerApps 2.0.730

18.PNG

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Wil

Hi Michael,

The bug is not fixed (PowerApps 2.0.750)

DateTime is OK but Date columns are still not displayed in galeries and collections.

Capture.PNG

Thank you,

Wil

ktech

Hi,

worked fine 2 days ago, now datetime columns from SQL are empty.

is there a solution ?

MarekH
Level: Power Up

Also in version 2.0.762 it doesn't works...

mzhang

Hi,

The date and datetime filed values have been visible on my apps as of now (see picture below), and I have not found any issues with the datetime field recently.

Thanks.

date_datetime.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

Users Online
Currently online: 173 members 5,417 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: