cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kagoodm
Level: Powered On

Printing

We have a custom list in SharePoint Online that we have customized forms and built a View, Edit, and Create form for within PowerApps.  Everything is working great...users can fill out the new form, edit existing, view submitted ones.  However, if they open one of the items from the SharePoint list then try to print the details from their browser, it prints the form PLUS all of the data from every record in the list is "ghosted" in the background.  

Screen print below shows my print preview.  As you can see, my form printed with all the data, but the area I have highlighted in blue is my custom SP list which is like a ghost in the background.

Ghosted list in background.jpg

Anyone else seen this and know a way to get around that happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Printing

Hi @kagoodm,

I have been successful with using desktop MS Access to create a link to the SharePoint lists and then creating a report to print out.  It does take some familiarity with Access but since I migrated to PowerApps from MS Access WebApps, it was not a problem for me.  The Report function of Access allows for extensive formatting and printing.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @kagoodm,

Which browser do you use to open your SharePoint list on your side?

Could you please share a bit more about your app's configuration (SharePointIntegration PowerApps app)?

I have made a test on my side (Google Chrome) and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:11.JPG

Please check if you have specified some fields rather than all fields to display within your SharePointIntegration PowerApps app.

In addition, please take a try to open your SP list with another browser and print the details of one selected item, then check if the issue still exists.

You could also take a try to re-create your SP list and re-create a custom form for it using PowerApps, then check if the issue still exists.

More details about customizing a SharePoint list form using PowerApps, please check the following article:

Custom a SharePoint list form using PowerApps

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
kagoodm

With both IE11 and Edge, we see the "ghosted" data from the SharePoint list printing in the backgound.

We've tried Chrome, however when we choose to print a list item from Chrome, it doesn't even print the item details.  Instead it's an almost completely blank page.

It is a simple SharePoint Online custom list that we made by clicking the gear wheel -> Add an app -> Custom List.

Please note:  This "ghosting" issue is being seen also on custom lists where we did not do anything with PowerApps.  I have opened a Premier Support ticket with Microsoft on this now.

sarveshshinde15

Hi,

Did you get any help from MS support on this? I am also facing same issue.

Let me know if you have got the solution for this. Your help is appreciated Smiley Happy

Thanks

Sarvesh

kagoodm

Unfortunately my case with Microsoft was closed without resolution.  They acknowledged there was an issue with printing list items from SharePoint Online, but when they submitted a bug fix request it was denied.  They suggested that we instruct our users to use a screen snipping tool such as Snag-It to capture screen prints for printing or to incorporate an email in the process which could be printed.  We chose to go with sending emails which get printed, but those are not ideal because the complaint I hear from our users is that if they update something on the list item, they don't have a way to reprint since the email only kicked off during submit.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @kagoodm,

I have been successful with using desktop MS Access to create a link to the SharePoint lists and then creating a report to print out.  It does take some familiarity with Access but since I migrated to PowerApps from MS Access WebApps, it was not a problem for me.  The Report function of Access allows for extensive formatting and printing.