cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Twenix
Level: Power Up

Problem uploading DSC config to Azure Automation

Hello, when trying to upload a DSC configuration to Azure Automation, I get the error: GatewayTimeout: The gateway did not receive a response from 'Microsoft.Automation' within the specified time period.. Thanks in advance Christian
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Twenix

Re: Problem uploading DSC config to Azure Automation

Hi Kris,

Thank you for your answer.

I uploaded the configuration via web GUI. It was going well several times until the error occured. And then the error came every time.
We don't have an on premises gateway, because I made everything in Azure.

We were just testing Azure Automation as a platform for our configuration management, but meanwhile we decided against Azure Automation (for the time being) because of this problem and data privacy concerns (as I see passwords, that are used in configurations, have to be disclosed to Azure unencrypted; would be nice, if you could give Azure a password that is encrypted via certificate).

Regards
Twenix
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Twenix,

Could you please share a bit more about your error message?

How do you upload your DSC configuration to Azure Automation?

Please take a try with the resolution within the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/automation/troubleshoot/desired-state-configuration

In addition, there are also some known Issues and Limits with DSC (Desired State Configuration), please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/wmf/5.0/limitation_dsc

More details about importing a DSC configuration to Azure Automation, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/automation/tutorial-configure-servers-desired-state#create-an...

You could also consider take a try to re-start your On-premises Data Gateway and clear cache of your browser, then try your operation again, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you for posting in the community @Twenix and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this problem. Can you review the above reply and advise if it was helpful?

@TopShelf-MSFT

Twenix

Hi Kris,

Thank you for your answer.

I uploaded the configuration via web GUI. It was going well several times until the error occured. And then the error came every time.
We don't have an on premises gateway, because I made everything in Azure.

We were just testing Azure Automation as a platform for our configuration management, but meanwhile we decided against Azure Automation (for the time being) because of this problem and data privacy concerns (as I see passwords, that are used in configurations, have to be disclosed to Azure unencrypted; would be nice, if you could give Azure a password that is encrypted via certificate).

Regards
Twenix

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 112 members 4,229 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: