Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MiConroy
Level: Powered On

Refresh not working

Hello,

I have been experiencing issues with the powerapps refresh function.

I have an excel worksheet in OneDrive that has multiple tables which I pull to get the data into the application. I have added items into the excel table and tried to refresh the data in powerapps, but the items do not show up. 

Code Below:

OnSelect(SortByColumns(Search(Table5, Text_Search_Box_3.Text, "problem","companyname","companynum"), "companyname", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending)))

OnVisible(Refresh(Table5))

Also in the excel table the new items do not have a "__PowerAppsId__".

Could someone help me fix this issue?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MiConroy

Re: Refresh not working

I figured it out.

When I was adding new rows to the table in Excel I was pasting information that was not in the same table format.

I entered in the information manually into the table to ensure it was the same format and it worked!

2 REPLIES 2
ebDev

I'm still pretty new with PowerApps but I noticed that you're using the OnVisible property.
If the item is becomes visible once the screen has loaded , this action will not trigger again.
It's similiar to the OnStart property for the application. 
That might be why your application is not refreshing the content.
I don't know what your setup within the application is however, so more information might make things clearer. Smiley Happy

MiConroy

I figured it out.

When I was adding new rows to the table in Excel I was pasting information that was not in the same table format.

I entered in the information manually into the table to ensure it was the same format and it worked!