cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesM
Level 8

Remove items from Gallery based on value of label within Gallery item.

I have a Gallery of items. all of the controls within each gallery item are based on a single collection - allStoreSales. There is however, one label within each item (see screenshot below, the 'STORE_TRADING' label) which is sourced from a different collection called storeStateCollection.

forum1.png

The code for the store trading label within each gallery item is: 

LookUp(storeStateCollection,ServerName=ThisItem.ServerName).ProcessNextState

As you can see, the label looks up the processNextState value based on the server name within the gallery item. 

Now, my issue. I want to REMOVE all items from this gallery, where the processNextState within the storeStateCollection is NOT STORE_TRADING. I'm unsure how to do this, as the items are mostly made up from a different collection. How can I do this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KroonOfficeSol
Level 10

Re: Remove items from Gallery based on value of label within Gallery item.

@JamesM

Try this

Filter(AddColumns(allStoreSales, "NextStat", LookUp(storeStateCollection,ServerName=ThisItem.ServerName).ProcessNextStat)
	, NextStat = "STORE_TRADING"
)

AddColumns adds the field to your dataset, which you then can filter on that field. This should work I would think.

Paul 

3 REPLIES 3
KroonOfficeSol
Level 10

@JamesM

I think you want to remove the items from allStoresSales and you can use something like this.

Remove(allStoreSales, Filter(allStoreSales, !(ServerName="STORE_TRADING")))

But why not just a filter instead off removing from the gallery. Like

Filter(allStoreSales, !(ServerName="STORE_TRADING"))

The gallery will now not show the other states.

Hope this helps.

Paul

JamesM
Level 8

This

Filter(allStoreSales, !(ServerName="STORE_TRADING"))

Won't work for me, as allStoreSales doesn't contain the 'STORE_TRADING' value. That's my problem. If you read the original post (and apologies if I wasn't clear) the allStoreSales items makes up most of the components in each Item within the gallery EXCEPT the 'STORE_TRADING' field, which is derived from a seperate collection, using the ThisItem.ServerName as a filter (from the allStoreSales collection). 

So I want to remove items from the gallery but based on the field which can be 'STORE_TRADING' or 'STORE_CLOSED' etc (which itself is derived from a different collection). 

I've worked around this issue by filtering out these items via a SQL view instead, but it'd be worth knowing if this is possible in PowerApps directly (essentially, filtering out items in a gallery based off the value of a field from a control WITHIN The gallery item that isn't associated to the Galleries items collection)

KroonOfficeSol
Level 10

@JamesM

Try this

Filter(AddColumns(allStoreSales, "NextStat", LookUp(storeStateCollection,ServerName=ThisItem.ServerName).ProcessNextStat)
	, NextStat = "STORE_TRADING"
)

AddColumns adds the field to your dataset, which you then can filter on that field. This should work I would think.

Paul 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 67 members 4,528 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: