cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

SERIOUS bug: cannot change order of controls

Good afternoon!

I just spotted a very serious bug, that appeared just the last few days. I'm not sure when it occurred at first, I didn't do much in PowerApps yesterday, but I'm pretty sure it worked well last Friday. 

The problem is that I cannot change the order of the controls, and what's worse, as soon as I try to do anything like it, PA decides for itself the order the controls should have, and it decides that galleries should be very close to the top, above all groups of controls.

I'm using rectangles, buttons and labels to simulate simple message boxes, and since the gallery refuses to be below my grouped messages controls, the gallery will always be in front of those controls, making it impossible to 1) see the message properly and 2) close the "dialog" by pressing the button (since the gallery on top consumes the mouse click).

In the attached pic, the gallery gShoppingList will not move to be below the different groups of controls, named grpXXXX. When I try to change order by selecting Ändra ordning/Flytta längst fram (Change order/Move to front), or any of the move commands really, the group of controls dances around for a bit and then settles BELOW the gallery.

I have noticed the problem both in the Win 10 app and the browser I'm using now on Win 7. It has worked well before...

OrderingControls.pngThe order of the controls are completely messed up, and what's worse, I cannot change it!

Hope you can fix it soon as I cannot publish the last changes in the app before the bug is corrected.

5 REPLIES 5
bean
Level 8

Re: SERIOUS bug: cannot change order of controls

I had this problem, was a real pain. My solution was to just ungroup everyrthing and then re-order. This did however result in having a bit mess in the sidebar there..

Hopefully someone has a better idea than me.

All the best,

Sean 

Highlighted
bean
Level 8

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @BitLord69,

Is this only happening to one specific one app? Would you check with others too? Also, try to create a new one to test.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

It's happening in the three apps of mine I have tested!

You ought to be able to reproduce it easily: place a bunch of controls, group some of them together and then try to reorder them and see that dancing commence; the gallery controls does not like to be at the bottom.

I just put together an extremely simple app with one gallery and a few grouped controls acting as a dialog box, tried to change order and PRESTO! Same story all over again... the grouped controls tries to go on top but ends up below the gallery.

TestApp.pngAfter trying to reorder the gallery and group, the group is ALWAYS behind the gallery, thus making it impossible to press the OK-button

Super User
Super User

@v-monli-msft Anything new regarding this bug? I can't deploy my apps until it is fixed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 59 members 4,451 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: