Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pn1995
Level: Powered On

Save Cancel Edit button

Hi We have created a simple PowerApp form from a SharePoint list

We have added 3 buttons - Save / Cancel / Edit

We basically want the to do what they say so

1) Save the contents of form in the Sharepoint list (we have this bit working) and then close the form (don't know how to do this)

2) Cancel - doesn't save the any changes made to the form

3) Allos the contents of the form to be Edited if it had been open in view mode

Does anyone have any simple instructions on how to do this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Save Cancel Edit button

Hi @pn1995 ,

Do you custom a form using PowerApps for your SP list?

Do you want to create three custom buttons (Save, Cancel and Edit) within your custom form?

For your first question, do you want to save the custom form data, and close the form? I think the SubmitForm() function and RequestHide() function could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:4.JPG

Set the OnSelect property of the "Save" button to following:

SubmitForm(SharePointForm1);    /* <-- SharePointForm1 represents the Edit form in your app */
RequestHide() /* Used to hide the custom form */

For your second question, please consider set the OnSelect property of the "Cancel" button to following:

ResetForm(SharePointForm1)

For your third question, please set the OnSelect property of the "Edit" button to following:

EditForm(SharePointForm1)

More details about custom forms in SharePoint list, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/sharepoint-form-integration

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

If you are doing this to replace the out of the box SharePoint form, have you tried creating the PowerApps Custom form from the SharePoint list? This special type of PowerApps form will automatically give you everything you are asking for and more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
pn1995
Level: Powered On

Yes it was initially pulled in from a SharePoint list

However we would like to add these buttons at the bottom of the form. 

Anyone know how to do this - i would have thought it was a really basic thing to do

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @pn1995 ,

Do you custom a form using PowerApps for your SP list?

Do you want to create three custom buttons (Save, Cancel and Edit) within your custom form?

For your first question, do you want to save the custom form data, and close the form? I think the SubmitForm() function and RequestHide() function could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:4.JPG

Set the OnSelect property of the "Save" button to following:

SubmitForm(SharePointForm1);    /* <-- SharePointForm1 represents the Edit form in your app */
RequestHide() /* Used to hide the custom form */

For your second question, please consider set the OnSelect property of the "Cancel" button to following:

ResetForm(SharePointForm1)

For your third question, please set the OnSelect property of the "Edit" button to following:

EditForm(SharePointForm1)

More details about custom forms in SharePoint list, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/sharepoint-form-integration

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for posting in the community @pn1995 - can you review the above reply and update the thread if it was helpful?

Thank you,

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 3,201 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: