cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jowiko
Level: Powered On

Saving Audio Files to a sharepoint list as attachment

I have currently set up a control that records audio and stores it in a gallery as per the audio file example in the documentation.  It says from there you can patch or savedata the data in the gallery.  So I inserted a save icon in the gallery of audio files and want that to patch it as an attachment on a sharepoint site. I tried doing this a variety of ways, all of which produce errors of me using the incorrect type.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Saving Audio Files to a sharepoint list as attachment

Hi @Jowiko,

So far, to upload files as attachments to Sharepoint list connection. using Attachment control inside a Form is the only way. You cannot use Patch to save files to SharePoint. That means you cannot use audio control in PowerApps to save audio files to SharePoint. 

Please consider to vote or comment on below idea thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Record-video-from-device-camera/idi-p/44799

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Saving Audio Files to a sharepoint list as attachment

Hi @Jowiko,

So far, to upload files as attachments to Sharepoint list connection. using Attachment control inside a Form is the only way. You cannot use Patch to save files to SharePoint. That means you cannot use audio control in PowerApps to save audio files to SharePoint. 

Please consider to vote or comment on below idea thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Record-video-from-device-camera/idi-p/44799

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.