cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Re: Saving Data to Excel

@RandyHayes great point! Many thanks for responding!

Super User
Super User

@SamantaBoodram 

Unfortunately I am personally not available for the next several days and am only able to check in periodically here for any pressing questions or issues.  Sorry, any other time after that for me would have been do-able. 

I would advise to post any error you are receiving and any screenshots or other issues that you are seeing here as much as you possibly can.  There are a lot of people on this forum that will be able to chime in and help, but as @wyotim mentioned, we're all just independent helpers on here.  So the more info you have, the more we can all check in and help out.

The formula @wyotim posted is either spot-on or perhaps might need some slight changes based on your environment, but posting what you are seeing and the results you are having that are not accurate will be the best chance to get some answers (at least from my timing and apparently @wyotim 's as well).

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
SamantaBoodram
Level: Powered On

I used the code as shown on the attached but nothing is happening when I click it

SamantaBoodram

Basically the App will be used by Agents that will visit each Farm and update the various Farms however they may not have internet connection at all the Farms so they will instead edit the Farm and collect the data, I need the data collected in the Farms collection to be saved to the excel when they are connected to the internet. It needs to add possible new records and update the previous records.

Super User
Super User

@SamantaBoodram 

Yes, nothing would have happened from what I see because there is a red X on that formula.  Can you hover over that X and explain what the error message is that appears?

It looks like you did a direct copy paste from @wyotim 's formula...there were a couple of syntax errors in it that should be corrected (it happens when we're typing these things blindly).  I haven't thoroughly scrubbed through the formula, but I did correct a couple of basic typos...the corrected formula is below.  BUT, if you copy and paste it, please pay attention to any error in the syntax that might appear.  If there is a Red X, see where it is that the problem is.  That would need to be adjusted.

ForAll(
    Farms,
    Patch(
        Table2
        If(
            IsBlank(LookUp(Table2,  'Growout ID' = Farms[@'Growout ID'])),
            Defaults(Table2),
            LookUp(Table2,  'Growout ID' = Farms[@'Growout ID'])
        ), 
        {
            'Growout ID': Farms[@'Growout ID'],
            'Farm Name': Farms[@'Farm Name'],
            'Date Placed': Farms[@'Date Placed'],
            'Qty Placed': Farms[@'Qty Placed'],
            Weight: Farms[@Weight],
            'Target Wt': Farms[@'Target Wt'],
            LOU%: Farms[@LOU%],
            MTD: Farms[@MTD],
            Feed: Farms[@Feed],
            PDF: Farms[@PDF],
            'Comments': Farms[@Comments]
        }
    )
)

See if that helps.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Super User
Super User

@SamantaBoodram 

The concept is pretty straight-forward. And again, the basic structure and concept in @wyotim 's formula will do what you need.  You might very well run into issues with multiple users doing multiple changes on the same records - but perhaps that will not be an issue.

Super User
Super User

@RandyHayes Good catches on my typos there. Many thanks! Apologies for those @SamantaBoodram. Hopefully with Randy’s corrections it will work out for you. As I said earlier, I’ll keep checking back as I am able. 

Super User
Super User

@SamantaBoodram 

Same here...I'll check in as often as I am able to and hopefully between @wyotim and me and perhaps any other that wants to chime in, we can get you where you need to be.  BUT...keep providing as much feedback in between as possible.  If something doesn't work, check the errors, give the descriptions, take screenshots...anything you can.  This will really help us to maximize our efforts for you.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@wyotim  - thanks for the mention. I've been travelling a lot recently so unfortunately, I don't have too much time to spare. However, I'll check-in as time permits to see if there's anything I can add. Well done for your efforts on this btw - very commendable :-)

@SamantaBoodram  - with @wyotim and @RandyHayes  and looking at this, you have a couple of the smartest people on this forum helping you, so I trust that you'll find your answer very soon.

SamantaBoodram

Hi all,

I atatched the errror that I am getting.