cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fbxiii
Level: Powered On

Scrollable screen - Add Section causes blank space

Is it possible to remove the blank space at the bottom of a screen that is created by the Add Section icon on a scrollable page?  When viewing the App on a device (or preview in PA) there is a blank space at the bottom and I cant seem to get rid of it.

Thanks.

Sienna
Level 10

Re: Scrollable screen - Add Section causes blank space

Can you provide us with a picture of your problem?

fbxiii

Here is the bottom of my screen.  The ID should be 22 but I have scrolled half way across it to show where the blank area is.

Capture.PNG

Sienna
Level 10

Are you using gallery or are those items in canvas.. Can you make full size PA picture of that screen in edit mode?

Sienna
Level 10

Sorry. I didn't nitice the first post. It looks like you got it in canvas. In that case it is all about to resize the canvas in your scrollable screen or resize the DataCard

Highlighted
fbxiii

Yes, I have it in canvas as that is what was required as part of the tabbed screen solution.  I've tried resizing the canvas and datacard but it is still there.  Is there a certain way I need to do the resizing?

fbxiii

For the record, here is the full screen you requested.

Capture.PNG

Sienna
Level 10

You have to also resize the DataCard in the canvas where your item are. Click on the datacard located in your canvas and move it all the way down so the add section isn't visible. I know it is confusing. This is something what PA team could definitely do much more better and more user friendly

ericonline
Level 10

@Sienna, I'm having the same issue here. I can't get the "Add Section" area to disappear. I am not able to move the last data card "over" the words "Add Section". 

What am I missing?

Here it is in the editor: 

addSection3.png

Here it is in the app (with white on white, you'll have to click the image to see the additional space below the footer)

addSection2.png

Thanks!

ericonline
Level 10

Figured this one out...(sort of).

I had to resize the Data Card above the last card on the screen to "push" the "Add a Section" area off the screen. Its still there when I edit the app, but not there when I preview it (though sometimes it resets). 

This feels a bit half-baked. Would be awesome to tighten this up a bit. I don't want to spend all this time on a scrollable screen app to have it malfunction down the road. 

Thanks