cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielWilliams
Level: Powered On

Search box that filters two SharePoint Lists

I can currently get a search box to work great with one criteria, but I would like to search multiple columns from my SharePoint List. I have attached a snip of the current screen and I am stumped and have tried a bunch of things lol and looked all over the web with no luck. So my intention is to have many search criteria rather than one while using only one search box.

Powerapps Dual Search.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Search box that filters two SharePoint Lists

Hi @DanielWilliams 

You can use "||" (Or) to achieve that.

Could you please change your formula expression as:

SortByColumns(Filter('SchoolStatus', StartsWith(ColumnName1, TextSearchBox1.Text)||StartsWith(ColumnName2, TextSearchBox1.Text)||StartsWith(ColumnName3, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

(change the ColumnName1,ColumnName2,ColumnName3 to what to you want to search on your side)

More information:

function-filter-lookup

operators

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DanielWilliams 

You can use "||" (Or) to achieve that.

Could you please change your formula expression as:

SortByColumns(Filter('SchoolStatus', StartsWith(ColumnName1, TextSearchBox1.Text)||StartsWith(ColumnName2, TextSearchBox1.Text)||StartsWith(ColumnName3, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

(change the ColumnName1,ColumnName2,ColumnName3 to what to you want to search on your side)

More information:

function-filter-lookup

operators

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

DanielWilliams

Thank you for responding so fast. I will give it a try and let you know how it works out. Thank you again.
DanielWilliams

So I implemeted the function and it worked great. Thank you again. I love this forum. The people are amazing.

Regards,