cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Re: Server Errors with lookup() and refresh() to SQL connectors - System BUG!

@TopShelf-MSFT@GregLi

Still nothing.  I also called in a case # 119013024001541 last wednesday.  I was told PA team would get back with me in 4-8 hours.  Well, its been a solid week and nothing.  I'm really wondering if using PA for a production solution was a big mistake.  

My Server errors have been non-relenting.  I got a new one here too.  No idea what this is.  Do you?

image.png

Super User
Super User

@TopShelf-MSFT, @GregLi,

Ok, get this.  Shortly after my last post, I receive a call from India.  Since I was not expecting an international call, I let it go.  Seems it was PA support.  They left a message telling me to email them back when I'm ready to have support help.  Well, how am I to do that when there is NO email?  I'm am growing so tired of this.  It took SEVEN days to hear back on a ticket that was supposed to have a  4 to 8 hour response time.  So, I'm sure this guy is waiting for me now, and I have NO WAY to contact him.  This is absolutely pathetic. 

My only resolution was to call office365 support again, and they could not offer me anything other than to create another ticket.  I went ahead and entered another ticket myself.  I have no other recourse. 

Second ticket # 119020619638598

PowerApps Staff GregLi
PowerApps Staff

@martinav, w're very sorry about the slow response.  

The error message that you included in the thread is about a record being changed on the server outside of the Canvas app.  You also mentioned in the thread that you were using Flow which could be the source of the external change.  If this is the issue, you need to refresh the data source before attempting to change again from PowerApps.  

If that isn't the issue, I'll need more details on the operations you are attempting and the error messages you are receiving back.

Super User
Super User

@GregLi ,

I am getting many server errors.  The app where I get the errors the most are not doing any changes with flow.  In fact, there is no changes going on in a flow that is not specifically initiated by a user during some edit or other function that is very plain.  

Just as an example, I just launched this app.  I received a server error on launch.  There is absolutely no data being changed during the activity of launching the app.  However, there are many OnStart statements that are occurring.  I will include that here:

Session ID: 1d571a9e-0161-4070-8a4e-15a6daa564d0
PowerApps 3.19021.11

OnStart

Clear(MDL_All);

Concurrent(
ClearCollect(MDL_List1,Filter(ShowColumns(SortByColumns(Master_Drawing_List,"ID",Ascending),"ID","MD_PartNumber","MD_Project","MD_LatestRevNumber","MD_DrawingRevDate","MD_EngrgRelDate","Title","MD_PDM_Link","MD_LinkToDrawing","MD_IsActive","MD_Data_Flagged","MD_Latest_SW_DocumentID"),ID>0)),
ClearCollect(MDL_List2,Filter(ShowColumns(SortByColumns(Master_Drawing_List,"ID",Descending),"ID","MD_PartNumber","MD_Project","MD_LatestRevNumber","MD_DrawingRevDate","MD_EngrgRelDate","Title","MD_PDM_Link","MD_LinkToDrawing","MD_IsActive","MD_Data_Flagged","MD_Latest_SW_DocumentID"),ID>0)), 
ClearCollect(ACCT_List1,(SortByColumns('[dbo].[VIEW_POWERAPPS_BASIC_ACCTIVATE_DATA]',"ProductID", Ascending))),
ClearCollect(ACCT_List2,(SortByColumns('[dbo].[VIEW_POWERAPPS_BASIC_ACCTIVATE_DATA]',"ProductID", Descending)))
);

Concurrent(
ClearCollect(ACCT_Data_All,ACCT_List1,Filter(ACCT_List2, Not(ProductID in ACCT_List1.ProductID))),   
ClearCollect(MDL_All_Pre,MDL_List1,Filter(MDL_List2, Not(ID in MDL_List1.ID)))
);

Clear(ACCT_List1);Clear(ACCT_List2);Clear(MDL_List1);Clear(MDL_List2);

Collect(MDL_All,AddColumns(MDL_All_Pre, "LastCost",LookUp(ACCT_Data_All,MD_PartNumber=ProductID,LastCost), "OnHand",LookUp(ACCT_Data_All,MD_PartNumber=ProductID,OnHand), "Available", LookUp(ACCT_Data_All,MD_PartNumber=ProductID,Available), "Location_Acct", LookUp(ACCT_Data_All,MD_PartNumber=ProductID,Location), "Discontinued_Acct", LookUp(ACCT_Data_All,MD_PartNumber=ProductID,Discontinued),"Acct_Bom", LookUp(ACCT_Data_All,MD_PartNumber=ProductID,Acct_BOM)));

Clear(MDL_All_Pre);

ClearCollect(StockQuote,GetKIQStockQuote.Run())

Just after loading the app, it appears to have run fine... but then I start looking at the screen, and I find a sometimes random "X".  This time, it is on a simple lookup command.  It shows Server Error.  

image.png

Despite the server errors, the data appears complete and correct.  I have not had anyone tell me any different.  

The ticket I mentioned earlier has finally generated some activity.  The suppoert person asked me for my On Prem gateway log.  I have no idea where to find that.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

Follow PowerApps on Twitter

Stay Up-to-Date by following PowerApps on Twitter

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

Users Online
Currently online: 42 members 4,321 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: