cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ajnunezjr
Level: Powered On

Set collection name to control input text

Is it possible to create a collection based on the text in a textbox? My app allows users to create items in a sharpoint list and when the user submits the form to be added with the title of the item Id like to create a collection with that items title as the collection name. I've tried setting the name to a label no dice as well as a datacardvalue textbox same outcome. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Set collection name to control input text

Hi @ajnunezjr,

Thanks for feedback.

Collection is used to store data that can be used in your app or we can define it as a set or group of similar items.

However, per my certain test and knowledge, it would be not possible to use a text for its first parameter which is always asking for a collection.

Please check the following doc on Collect for a reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-clear-collect-clearc...

If you need more help, please feel free post back.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Set collection name to control input text

Hi @ajnunezjr,

Thanks for feedback.

Collection is used to store data that can be used in your app or we can define it as a set or group of similar items.

However, per my certain test and knowledge, it would be not possible to use a text for its first parameter which is always asking for a collection.

Please check the following doc on Collect for a reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-clear-collect-clearc...

If you need more help, please feel free post back.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.