cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jack_Stewart
Level: Powered On

SharePoint Calendar w/ PowerApps Calendar Template

Hi All, Has anyone tried using a SharePoint Calendar as a data source with the PowerApps Calendar Template? I'm wanting to display an event calendar for all users exactly as the template has it, only without using the Outlook connector. I'm struggling with the correct syntax for it to work. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

JS

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint Calendar w/ PowerApps Calendar Template

Hi @Jack_Stewart,

Could you please share a bit more about the PowerApps Calendar Template? Is it the Calendar Screen feature within PowerApps?

Do you want to use the SP Calendar list as a data source within the Calendar Screen instead of Office 365 Outlook?

If you want to use the SP Calendar list as a data source within the Calendar Screen instead of Office 365 Outlook, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:3.JPG

Within the Calendar screen, set the Items property of the CalendarEventsGallery1 to following:

/* Show Event for selected date */
SortByColumns(
Filter(
'20181114_Calendar',
Text('Start Time', DateTimeFormat.ShortDate) = Text(_dateSelected, DateTimeFormat.ShortDate)
),
"EventDate"
)

On your side, you should type:

/* Show Event for selected date */
SortByColumns(
Filter(
'YourSPCalendarList',
Text('Start Time', DateTimeFormat.ShortDate) = Text(_dateSelected, DateTimeFormat.ShortDate)
),
"EventDate"
)

then modify the formula within the Label controls in the CalendarEventsGallery1 to display the detail info of the SP Calendar list.

Note: Please remove the formula within the BorderThickness property of the Rectangle1 control as below:4.JPG

The GIF screenshot as below:Test1.gif

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Jack_Stewart

Hi Kris @v-xida-msft,

Thank you very much for responding. Yes, I am trying to use the Calendar Screen feature within PowerApps and a SP Calendar as the data source.

I tried following your instructions, but as soon I apply your formula to the Items property in the CalendarEventsGallery, the gallery data source is removed. I'm sure it is something I am overlooking. If I re-add the SP Calendar data, the Items property for CalendarEventsGallery reverts back to the title of my data, "Events". I've attached a few screen shots to help explain what is happening.

Also, What should the items property in the dropdownCalendarSection control be set to. It currently has "Office365.CalendarGetTables().value" as its Item property.

Thank you in advance for your help. I'm very eager to have this working soon!

J.S.

Lp939

@v-xida-msft Hello, what is the value for the ITEMS property for the dropdown(Birthdays)?