cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kkrick
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint dropdown not showing sharepoint data

Hello,

I have two dropdowns from sharepoint that I want on a FormViewer and a FormEditor. For whatever reason, the values do not display and I am receiving the error #Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference. This happens when these dropdowns are viewed as text on a FormViewer and similarly in an actual drop down on a form editor. In the editor it shows the correct number of options, but all of the options are #Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference . . .

Has anyone run into this? Any solutions out there?

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Sharepoint dropdown not showing sharepoint data

Hi

I am using Excel and my newly created Apps are having the same problem. They are either:

1. Dropdown showing values but off position, or

2. Dropdown showing the first value and when clicked, no data showed., and then resume the first data again.

My solution:

1. Duplicate the old Dropdown (copy and paste)..everything back to Normal (works!), or

2. Create a new Dropdown (works!)

Possibility:

- When they release new edition, some bugs inside and corrupt our existing dropdown.

Pretty frustrating!

hpkeong
jvdlinden
Level 8

Yesterday I have created a brand new SharePoint list. The purpose of this list is to collect feedback.

The list contains multiple Choice (menu to choose from) columns with the values: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

The column settings are configured as required, choices are displayed using a Drop-Down menu, Fill-in choices are not allowed and there is no default value.

I have configured this column multiple times, and for two columns I am also getting the #Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference value displayed.

Both on the iPad and in the simulate mode within the designer app.

I am not expecting this kind of behaviour.

Has anyone been able to resolve this, or a way to troubleshoot this?

Thanks a lot.

Highlighted
ifti

Hi,

I got my one resolved by doing the below steps:

1. Open up the app in PowerApps
  2. Select the field that's showing this data > From the advanced section/Form Customization section on your right (it gets activated once the data card is selected)  > click on the ... next to the field name and change the value to something different than @odata.type (For my case, I had to choose "Name" for a People picker)

That's it. This should fix this issue.

Hope it helps other users.

Cheers,

Ifti

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that worked for me. It's important to make the change both on the DetailsScreen and the EditScreen. Thanks for sharing!

starwispy

I was having this issue as well.  I found that changing the value to something other than @odata.type did not work for me, until I made the changes via the Options pane.  Refer to murali's comment on this post which explains how to implement the workaround in more detail.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 230 members 5,156 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: