Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DaynaLitherland
Level: Powered On

Show information in HTML text box

Hello,

I'm very new to PowerApps and trying to do something very basic..! I've added a HTML text control to my gallery rather than a label and I want to show the value of a field, i.e. ThisItem.Notes. I've set the 'OnSelect' action to be Parent - or even Select(Parent) as per the label control. Then the HtmlText is ThisItem.Notes. 

But nothing renders when the page is loaded.. 

Can you advise what I've done wrong, please? I suspect it's only a silly mistake somewhere!

Many thanks,

Dayna

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff Rank Mr-Dang-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Re: Show information in HTML text box

A screenshot of the properties of the gallery and htmltext box would be helpful.

Other thoughts:

• Try showing the contents of other columns in the HTML text box.
  • Start blank. Insert another gallery and htmltext box, and set it to ThisItem.Notes. Any change?
  • Set the HTML text box to any text "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"--is anything showing?

All Replies
PowerApps Staff

Hi @DaynaLitherland,

Can you share more details about your setup? What's an example note look like?

Are you viewing the app in a browser or a device?

Are you sure you saved your changes and viewing the right published version?

DaynaLitherland

Hi @Mr-Dang-MSFT, Yes of course. The information I'm querying is coming from a local SQL instance and example data would look like: "Successful failover from Primary (Flint South) to Secondary (Flint North) and back again." I'm viewing the app in the browser and as I'm currently editing it, I'm not saving or publishing - rather previewing it as I do for all my other changes. I did try and save / publish once, but sadly it made difference. I haven't put any HTML tags around my query, literally only 'ThisItem.Notes'. I did try to wrap some basic HTML around it but no change sadly. This is going into a Flexible Height Gallery Control - not sure if this makes a difference or not? Many thanks! Dayna
PowerApps Staff

Can you go to File > App Settings > Advanced Settings and let me know if the toggle for Explicit Column Selection is on? If so, turn it off.

DaynaLitherland

Hello, This was already switched off. Many thanks, Dayna
PowerApps Staff

Can you share screenshots? 

What is the experience when you include a label instead? Does it show the contents of ThisItem.Notes?

DaynaLitherland

I can - what would you like a screenshot of? When using a label, it works perfectly
PowerApps Staff

A screenshot of the properties of the gallery and htmltext box would be helpful.

Other thoughts:

• Try showing the contents of other columns in the HTML text box.
  • Start blank. Insert another gallery and htmltext box, and set it to ThisItem.Notes. Any change?
  • Set the HTML text box to any text "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"--is anything showing?
DaynaLitherland

HI Mr-Dang, I've just started with a blank gallery and added the HTML control for the notes and it's worked fine this time, so no idea why it didn't on the previous one. Thank you for your support and patience! I'll mark is as resolved, thanks again. Kind Regards, Dayna
PowerApps Staff

My final thoughts are the original probably had a font color that was white/transparent or its visibility flipped off Smiley Happy