cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anabananei
Level: Powered On

Re: SubmitForm function can only work on a form. Wrong kind of control input is given...

Even the ViewForm function is not working! Yep! Fun times ahead!

Swapnil_Lad
Level: Power Up

Re: SubmitForm function can only work on a form. Wrong kind of control input is given...

We are also facing same issue after version upgrade 3.19062.18 from yesterday. Both SubmitForm() and ViewForm() not working anymore.. SubmitForm() works if I put it ouside of form as someone already mentioned in previous comments.

Any idea when this will get resolved? Any update from Microsoft to resolve this bug??

TuaniFactory
Level: Power Up

My company feel crazy today! Keep watting from Microsoft.

alaineniala

Same here..... how do you raise a ticket? I hope Microsoft is aware of this issue and fixing it now......

Highlighted
dtjm

I have a fix and you may want to implement permanently if Microsoft decide you can no longer submit forms from buttons within the Form.

1. Make a copy of all the buttons you currently have within your Data Cards in your form that are not working and paste a copy of them outside the Form control. Make the Visible property of these buttons false so they cannot be seen.

2. Change the OnSelect property of the buttons that are still inside your Data Card and not working, to have a formula like this: Select(NameOfButtonYouCopiedOutsideOfForm)

That's it, your Forms will now submit.

If you have any questions, let me know.

GrischkePro

it is a solution should M$ decide to remove this functionality, thanks 👍🏼

Version 3.19062.18 is not even listed in their changelog, so how are we supposed to know if it’s intentional 🤷🏻‍♂️
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications-release-notes/powerplatform/released-versions...
Plus, most of the notes are like:
“No specific fixes or improvements have been publicly disclosed as a part of this released version”.
SamWallis

We are experiencing this in multiple environments, spent half the afternoon trying to troubleshoot..

Has anyone received acknowledgement of the bug from MS?

rachelkettle

No acknowledgement yet Smiley Sad my ticket just states open with no further update... 

Thanks @dtjm thats really helpful...

T_T

I got the same error with my form. Error says "Reset form only works on a form. Wrong kind of control is given as input to the function." THis happens when i place formula in the onselect properties of image.

netmarie

Same issue here!  Also opened prior apps that were running fine and they are having the same issue.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 55 members 4,364 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: