cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naresh
Level: Powered On

Re: Submitting multiple Items into a SharePoint List and assigning a common submission ID

Hope sum one would help with the above problem.

How to submit the all the values to the sharepoint list at once including collection values using the patch function.

CAn some one help me with a example foramula. 

nickjgill
Level: Powered On

Re: Submitting multiple Items into a SharePoint List and assigning a common submission ID

Hi Naresh,

Here is what has worked well for me. I save the shopping cart (order details) to a collection when the user clicks "add to cart". For the column of Order ID, I put a variable in there as somewhat of a placeholder.

On the last screen I create a SharePoint entry for the order using the patch function. I set the variable used in the shopping cart collection to the SharePoint item ID from the order entry I created. Finally, use a For All function to patch the entries from the shopping cart collection to the order details child list.

I am not in front of a computer right now to post the code that I used. Let me know if it would be helpful and I can post the code later.
nchinaxs
Level: Power Up

I have a similar issue. I have created a collection that has the list of my items. On Submission, it submits the items individually into my SharePoint List. However, i would prefer that they all enter as a single item in the SharePoint List. Any ideas would be help. Cheers guys.
nickduxfield
Level 8

I have done similar on this topic, and can give you some strategies.

You need a planned ID creation, or / a SPlist with readonly ID autogeneration, or a combination of both

Orders can be the master record, that you can update as details come in such as payment made, shipping, and delivery complete.

• Customer details
  • Shipping.
  • Payment

OrderLines can be the list of items that are tied to a single record in the Orders list. For this you need a single ID that ties the records together.

• Create all OrderLine records with the ID of the Order Record.

You also need possibly other lists, but a Seperate Products lists is important.that the OrderLines will select from

If you need more info let us know

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,   

Below is my scenario.  

I have 2 text box to add  multiple name and multiple place and 1 texbox to add single year to sharepoint with a common itemId .so i have made a collection to save the multiple name & place.Then by using For All ,i am saving the data to sharepoint.So could you help me how to submit a common id for multiple data . Please provide the exact code for the same.Thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

Follow PowerApps on Twitter

Stay Up-to-Date by following PowerApps on Twitter

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

Users Online
Currently online: 39 members 4,374 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: