Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Magnifica
Level: Powered On

Tablet App not showing all Items filtered by User

Hi,

My PowerApp Gallery is showing only one item, when i filter it by the current user. 

Without the filter the gallery shows all items.

i am using the following code:

SortByColumns(Filter('Deviation Report'; Author.DisplayName = User().FullName); "Created";Ascending)

and the Author.DisplayName is marked blue, saying 

Part of this filter formula can not be run remotely due to service restrictions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Tablet App not showing all Items filtered by User

I think the first step is to figure out why you aren't getting any results and then see if you need to do anything to address the blue dot.

The first thing you can do since it is easy is to remove "; StartsWith(ComplianceAssetId; TextSearchBox1.Text)" from the filter to verify the textbox search isn't causing the problem.

If you are still having an issue then try adding two labels to your gallery item and update the text property on one to Author.Email and the other to User().Email. Then put the search piece back and remove "Author.Email = CurrentUser.Email;" from the filter, so now it should be returning all items from your list. Once that is done you should be able to use the new labels to compare the actual Author and User email values. It is important to see if they are actually the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

The blue dot means your query isn't delegable. By default non-delegable queries are limited to the first 500 rows return by the data source before the query is applied. It is possible to increase the row limit to 2,000. If your list in SharePoint has more than 2,000 items then you are going to need another approach.

In SharePoint complex field types (Choice, Lookup, Person/Group, Date and Metadata) aren't delegable but there are functions in PowerApps that also aren't delegable like User(). In your case from the screenshot it looks like you are using both a Person field in SharePoint and the User() function.

Here is more information about non-delegable queries and how to increase the limit

PowerApps data row limit for non-delegable queries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Magnifica

thank you for the reply @Jeff_Thorpe,

my list is a test List with only 6 Items, so that shouldnt cause the issue.

But i am trying to filter my gallery by the current user.

Is there a better way to do this? As right now my gallery either shows only one item or none.

Super User
Super User

There is a better way to use User(). What you can do is create a variable in the OnStart or OnVisible of the screen to the value of User(). Example Set(gvCurrentUser, User())

Then you would gvCurrentUser in place of User(). This method is more efficient because it only makes one lookup call and then the results can be used anywhere in your code without making another lookup call.

Since you only have six items the formula you have should work even with the blue dot. You will want to test and make sure that Author.DisplayName and User().FullName are returning the user's name as expected. You might want to try comparing email addresses instead of Names.

Here is a blog post by @Meneghino that talks more about User() function and caching the value.

https://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2017/08/29/powerapps-user-function-cache-current-user-onstart/

Magnifica

Yes thank you,

i had read this article aswell, and i also tried it with the variable.

I still have the same issue.

the blue dots under Auther.Email = ; and i still cant see any items.

SortByColumns(Filter('Deviation Report'; Author.Email = CurrentUser.Email; StartsWith(ComplianceAssetId; TextSearchBox1.Text)); "Created"; If(SortDescending1; Ascending; Descending))

i checked the data of my record, its all entered correctly.

ClearCollect(LocalDeviationReport; 'Deviation Report')

I dont understand, why i cant see any filtered items

Super User
Super User

I think the first step is to figure out why you aren't getting any results and then see if you need to do anything to address the blue dot.

The first thing you can do since it is easy is to remove "; StartsWith(ComplianceAssetId; TextSearchBox1.Text)" from the filter to verify the textbox search isn't causing the problem.

If you are still having an issue then try adding two labels to your gallery item and update the text property on one to Author.Email and the other to User().Email. Then put the search piece back and remove "Author.Email = CurrentUser.Email;" from the filter, so now it should be returning all items from your list. Once that is done you should be able to use the new labels to compare the actual Author and User email values. It is important to see if they are actually the same.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 291 members 3,948 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: