cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
v-cokrop
Level: Power Up

Template Fill, Edit Selected Record PowerApps Issues

I created a PowerApp 6 months ago.  Users are able to select and edit records within a gallery.  After the recent PowerApps update (12/8), the Template Fill (how to select a record as a color) in the Gallery no longer works.  What changed?  

Accepted Solutions
v-cokrop

Re: Template Fill, Edit Selected Record PowerApps Issues

The template fill was already populated.  After further investigation, the PowerApps product team must have changed some of the properties of a gallery in the December 2017 update.  Shortly after I posted, I update the gallery display mode from Display to Edit and everything was fixed.  

All Replies
Highlighted
AndyG77
Level: Powered On

The template fill works as follows I believe:

If(
    ThisItem.IsSelected,
    White
    Green
)

v-cokrop

The template fill was already populated.  After further investigation, the PowerApps product team must have changed some of the properties of a gallery in the December 2017 update.  Shortly after I posted, I update the gallery display mode from Display to Edit and everything was fixed.  

BrianR
Level 8

FYI - I'm having issues with TemplateFill not working.  If I save the file, exit the editor and come back in - it will for a while...

However - my workaround is to put a rectangle inside the gallery (behind everything) and set it with the same logic as I otherwise have for TemplateFill.  Works fine, but would love to see this fixed.