cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

The file is deleted in phone photo gallery when i attached it to powerapps attachments control

Hi Powerapps,

Please help me understand why my captured photo in my Photo gallery is deleted whenever I attached it in my Powerapp Attachments control.  What will I do to not delete the file from my phone gallery?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft Employee

Re: The file is deleted in phone photo gallery when i attached it to powerapps attachments control

The beviour you describe is by design. Deleting an image from Attachments control (by pressing the "x" as in the step #3 in your message) should lead to deleting of that image from the gallery. As mentioned previously, you will have to save the referenced image (in a SharePoint list as a column attachment for example) before deleting it from the Attachment control.

8 REPLIES 8
Microsoft Employee

Re: The file is deleted in phone photo gallery when i attached it to powerapps attachments control

Hello @Anonymous,

Think of Attachments control as a control that allows you to select some files which you intend to do something with. 

Let's take an example of creating an email. If you click on "email attachments" button and add a file then you will see the attached file in the list. However if you never send your email then your "attached" file will be lost the next time you open the application. Something similar happens in your situation. If you would like your attached files to persist, you need to do something after attaching them (for example, submit then to a SharePoint list).

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply.

I do not know if you get my point. But let me clarify again.  When I choose photo using the "Choose from Photos" ,the attached file is lost in my phone gallery everytime i press the X button or go to other screen.  See below.

Screenshot_20181129-155844_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20181129-155900_Gallery.jpg

Microsoft Employee

I hope I understand the issue correctly. Basically you would like the Attachments control to "remember" the added photo after you close (cancel) out of the Edit mode (to go to a new screen for example). If so then this behaviour is by design. If you intend to automatically maintain that value then you will have to call SubmitForm(YourFormName) function (behfore navigating to another screen for example) in order to store the added photo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.

I am just thinking why everytime I press the X button to remove the attached photo from my phone gallery, it is completely deleted. I can't see anymore my photo in my phone gallery. It should retain the chosen photo in my phone gallery.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I did.

1.  I used the Attachment control from Powerapps

2.  To upload photo from my phone gallery, I select pictures using the 'Choose from Photos' Option

3.  when I press the X button from the Attachment Control to remove the attached file or photo, I deletes or I cannot see my file anymore in my phone gallery.

Thank you once again for your reply.

Microsoft Employee

The beviour you describe is by design. Deleting an image from Attachments control (by pressing the "x" as in the step #3 in your message) should lead to deleting of that image from the gallery. As mentioned previously, you will have to save the referenced image (in a SharePoint list as a column attachment for example) before deleting it from the Attachment control.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Powerapps,

Thank you. 

This is what I intend to do. 

1. Upload more than one photo from my phone

2. Renames the filename  as an item in the sharepoint with multiple attachments 

3. Send to OneDrive those photos as compressed file e.g. Photo.zip 

Can you help me on the workaround?

1. Is there a way that I could retain my photo in my phone Gallery after attaching in to Attachment control or if I close the app and not continue sending for example? In the PC, the file retains. I could still see the photo but if I used Powerapps in mobile app the photo is gone.

2. Also, I tried to code using Flow to send the item from Sharepoint with multiple attachment and convert it to *.zip file but I failed.

I appreciate if you  could help me show how it is being done.

Thank you once again.

MRNBagtas
Level: Powered On

Hi, @Anonymous , @dinusc !

Great news! There was an update on PowerApps last Fridat (March 8), which included the fix for this. 

Just tested the functionality now and attachments are not deleted anymore from its original location/storage upon attaching/adding it to powerapps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 160 members 4,062 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: