cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Toggle automatically switches itself

I'm having a problem where my toggle is unchecking itself automatically. I put a function in the OnCheck and OnUncheck events that is supposed to update two columns in the table, like so:

OnCheck:

Patch('PTO Request', LookUp('PTO Request', ID = ThisItem.ID), {Approved_x0020_By:User().FullName, Approved_x0020_Date:Today()})

OnUncheck:

Patch('PTO Request', LookUp('PTO Request', ID = ThisItem.ID), {Approved_x0020_By:"", Approved_x0020_Date:0001/1/1})

As soon as I switch the toggle, it switches back. What's going on? How can I fix it? A screenshot with this info is attached.

Bonus question: How can I replace the date with a null value? It's being set to 1/1/1969...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Toggle automatically switches itself

ha ha ha. You are correct. I recreated it. Good news is I think I know why also. The reason is the default value. For me, the default is false, which means make this thing unchecked. 

Better news? Here is how you fix it. Make a variable that is true or false and set that variable to the default value. Then update variable based on what they checked or unchecked. 

checked.PNG

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

ha ha ha. You are correct. I recreated it. Good news is I think I know why also. The reason is the default value. For me, the default is false, which means make this thing unchecked. 

Better news? Here is how you fix it. Make a variable that is true or false and set that variable to the default value. Then update variable based on what they checked or unchecked. 

checked.PNG

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
Super User
Super User

I am out of time for the bonus question but I think the answer is Blank(). Read this blog post for more details. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much Shane - this did the the trick. Really appreciate you coming in and helping!

As for the Blank() for clearing the Date field, I couldn't get it to work; it makes no changes to the Date. But I will look into it more.

EDIT: This article answers for Blank() - it doesn't work on Date fields yet. Bummer; I'll have to figure out another way.