cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
maxtarneberg
Level: Powered On

URGENT! What on earth has happened to my App???

Opened up Powerapps web studio today to find this!

I need this working today

My whole app and months of work have become corrupted somehow, and nothing is as it seems.

My datasources are refreshed, Visible properties are correctly set. I have restored to a previous version.

All controls are still there, and code in place but I cant see most of it.

Basically I can only see Textboxes and Buttons.

Media, Galleries (and Items), Icons, Images, Labels are all invisible.

I would surely have to have deliberatly sabotaged it to get this outcome, so I wonder if Powerapps Web studio is having issues.

MS - How to I pick up the peices of this particular mess please?

Untitled4.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JRaasumaa
Level 10

Re: URGENT! What on earth has happened to my App???

The current issue with missing rending of controls is fixed by saving to a new app name, closing the app, opening it again and then saving back to the original name.

This doesn't remove any of the version history but for whatever reason resolves the issue.

See these threads for the same resolution:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Nothing-Rendering-in-edit/m-p/138987#M47892

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/blank-screen-when-opening-powerapps/td-p/1300...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/App-will-not-load-in-creation-mode/m-p/139452...

I just went through this exact same issue, don't panic, just try the save as steps and you should be back to good.

9 REPLIES 9
maxtarneberg

Having restored to an older version, I can see where the problem seems to lie, but am no closer to a pure recovery

All versions of my app built with POWERAPPS RELEASE 3.18073.33 are garbage

A restored version with POWERAPPS RELEASE 3.18073.28 seems to look normal but is unable to connect to my data sources.

I have lost significant development progress due to this.

Please can someone offer some help or explanation

Super User
Super User

Hi Max,

If you haven't tried this you might try removing the datasources and reconnecting to them.  Hope it works!

Super User
Super User

In addition to what @Drrickryp mentioned, you may check in the App Settings under Advanced Settings that the "Improved App Rendering" is off. I have a few apps where a similar problem happened due to that setting being on. You will have to toggle the setting, save and close then reopen to see if it works.

JRaasumaa
Level 10

The current issue with missing rending of controls is fixed by saving to a new app name, closing the app, opening it again and then saving back to the original name.

This doesn't remove any of the version history but for whatever reason resolves the issue.

See these threads for the same resolution:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Nothing-Rendering-in-edit/m-p/138987#M47892

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/blank-screen-when-opening-powerapps/td-p/1300...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/App-will-not-load-in-creation-mode/m-p/139452...

I just went through this exact same issue, don't panic, just try the save as steps and you should be back to good.

maxtarneberg

@Drrickryp@wyotim@JRaasumaa

Hi all,

Thank you all very much for your prompt help, and yes, I am guilty of panicking (who wouldn't)

In the end, the "Save As" solution has worked to restore my App as a new version.

What is worrying (and faith destroying) is how you can wake up one morning and your app is totally messed up without having made any changes.

How can this of happened and be avoided in the future?

Thanks again, you are all life savers

Super User
Super User

@maxtarnebergHappy to hear it was resolved easily! I didn't know about that trick that @JRaasumaa shared so I am happy they shared it as well. 

I think it happened due to changes made in the PowerApps platform that had (what I assume are) unintended consequences. How to avoid it is another matter. Unfortunately, I don't know that it is possible to completely avoid issues like that when they happen, just to try and find the fix as soon as possible. Thankfully they are pretty rare.

JRaasumaa
Level 10

duplicate post somehow

JRaasumaa
Level 10

@maxtarneberg wrote:

@Drrickryp@wyotim@JRaasumaa

Hi all,

Thank you all very much for your prompt help, and yes, I am guilty of panicking (who wouldn't)

In the end, the "Save As" solution has worked to restore my App as a new version.

What is worrying (and faith destroying) is how you can wake up one morning and your app is totally messed up without having made any changes.

How can this of happened and be avoided in the future?

Thanks again, you are all life savers

You are very welcome. I wish I knew how to avoid it in the future but for at least now it's a fixable bug.

Neilmac

Thank you - i had the same problem and was looking at losing a lot of work and restarting my app. Thankfully, from sharing this workaround it has saved me the reowrk and a lot of time!

Thanks again!

Neil

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 118 members 4,773 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: