cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
azzamkaz
Level: Powered On

URGENT- auto process in powerapps

Hai Guys., Need help on my apps development.

I'm developing an app for employee of the month voting using powerapps..below is the detail for my apps and the problem that I need an answer and solution to make it works.

Capture.PNG

For now this is the process of my apps process
But after nomination process Admin will collect the nomination data already submit from user when nomination process from excel that connected to form My Nominee and put on Voting Process. Data is nomination name, justification and picture (refer at voting process). Nomination data save on screen 4 in excel table..on page 5 just confirmation display.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

But now I want to know is that I can make all this process auto?

Let say auto is..

After nomination process...all nominee data(name,justification,picture) will go on voting process and display like screen 2 and 3 (Voting process).

Then after Voting process end. From this powerapps it self will generate an email to send to all user (microsoft O365...The data from email is the highest name on voting process.

Now the email by manual..admin collect the name from excel table and then send an email to inform the winner....

Do you guys have any solution for my problem ??
Kindly apperciate you response 

cc @Jeff_Thorpe @Anonymous @Shanescows @v-micsh-msft @v-xida-msft @v-yuazh-msft 

Rgd

Azzamkaz

1 REPLY 1
mr-dang
Level 10

Re: URGENT- auto process in powerapps

@azzamkaz wrote:

Then after Voting process end. From this powerapps it self will generate an email to send to all user (microsoft O365...The data from email is the highest name on voting process.

Now the email by manual..admin collect the name from excel table and then send an email to inform the winner....

Hi,

This part is a use case for Flow. I did not build it myself, but this is what I'd do.

First you need to have condition in mind for when to trigger this process: this could just be you pushing a button when you want to start, or it can be a predetermined date and time when voting ends. That will be the first step of your flow.

Options

• Trigger the start of this flow from a button in PowerApps
  • Trigger the flow from a flow button
  • Trigger the flow from a recurrence once a month after voting

Next, you'll want to use a variable for identifying the winner. Initialize the variable. You'll probably do some filtering of a table where the votes are stored to find the sum of votes for each distinct email that was chosen. Set it to the variable.

Then you can use the connector to your Office 365 users. Add an Apply to Each box and make an action from your favorite email service to send an email to each person in your organization. In the body of the email be sure to reference the variable that is storing the name of the winner.

My solution is vague, but I hope it points you in the right direction.

Mr. Dang

_________

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 198 members 5,592 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: