cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SanAndresMan72
Level: Powered On

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Send_me_a_mobile_notification'

I am receiving the following error message in a Flow I have setup:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Send_me_a_mobile_notification' inputs at line '1' and column '2084': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_flowpush']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_flowpush' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_sql'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

The flow takes the input from a PowerApps application and execute a SQL Server stored procedure with the input given by the user via the app. It then (attempts to) sends out a notification to the mobile Flow app. That step is failing. I don't think I am doing anything out of of the ordinary. The step implements the following expression:

concat('Batch Number ', triggerBody()['Executestoredprocedure_BACHNUMB'], ' has been ', if(equals(triggerBody()['Executestoredprocedure_ACTION'], '1'), 'Approved', 'Rejected'))

I have also placed an @ sign in front of the concat function and that hasn't yielded any results either. This flow was working yesterday and in fact, ran 11 times without any issues. Today, it decided to simply not work and I cannot find any documentation about this error.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

MG.-

Mariano Gomez, MVP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
SanAndresMan72

Re: Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Send_me_a_mobile_notification'

Fixed this! As it turned out, I had renamed the stored procedure task to StoredProc *AFTER* I had setup the notification task. Unfortunately, PowerApps did not refactor the steps to change the procedure parameters from Executestoredprocedure_Parameter to StoredProc_Parameter causing the subsequent notification step to fail as it couldn't find those specific variables. I had to delete the flow (only 3 steps so not bad) and re-add it as there seems to be no cleanup and recreate it, then remap to the PowerApp app. Oh well, you live you learn.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
SanAndresMan72

Re: Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Send_me_a_mobile_notification'

Fixed this! As it turned out, I had renamed the stored procedure task to StoredProc *AFTER* I had setup the notification task. Unfortunately, PowerApps did not refactor the steps to change the procedure parameters from Executestoredprocedure_Parameter to StoredProc_Parameter causing the subsequent notification step to fail as it couldn't find those specific variables. I had to delete the flow (only 3 steps so not bad) and re-add it as there seems to be no cleanup and recreate it, then remap to the PowerApp app. Oh well, you live you learn.

RushdiD
Level: Power Up

For me the issue was related to a variable I was initializing but had not set the variable before using it.

When testing the flow in edit mode I would receive a success, 

However, when calling it from powerapps it would not work.

Solution was to ensure that the variable was set correctly,

Additionally, I removed and readded the flow to PowerApps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 215 members 4,689 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: