cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimbul
Level: Powered On

Unable to send information from sharepoint document library list to PowerApp iFrame embed on Modern sharepoint page

Hi There,

We're using managed metadata to tag files in a document library. The SharePoint taxonomy picker is a major point of friction for a few of our employees and they would prefer to use drop downs. In fairness to them i do sympathise, it's a throwback to SharePoint 2010 still now.

Powerapps by default provides dropdowns for managed metadata so my solution at present is this:

1. I have created a custom json formatted column that links from the document library to a powerapp form in a separate window. using this link to reference the selected file in the doc lib: 

https://web.powerapps.com/apps/**myappid**?ID='+[$ID]

2. The user can pick the metadata in the new browser window and apply it in the powerapp and it applies to the file. The app is set by default to open in the "Edit" screen.

Ideally the users would like to be able to complete this process in one window, so i have made a new SharePoint modern page which consists of the  document library webpart and an embed webpart that is connected to the document library.

I have tried several different ways to send the document ID to the PowerApp through the embed code but have drawn a blank and am not finding anything useful in my searching. See below:

<iframe width="98%" height="98%" src="https://web.powerapps.com/webplayer/iframeapp/?hideNavBar=true&amp;screenColor=rgba%28165%2c34%2c55%2c1%29&amp;appid=/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apps/**myappid**?ID=[$ID]"</iframe>

The above embed generates a "That link didn’t work. Please check it and try again. Make sure that your web address is properly formatted and includes an app ID." message.

This code opens the page but does not pull up the right item, just a list of all items:

<iframe width="98%" height="98%" src="https://web.powerapps.com/webplayer/iframeapp/?hideNavBar=true&amp;screenColor=rgba%28165%2c34%2c55%2c1%29&amp;appid=/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apps/**myappid**"?ID=[$ID]</iframe>

Any help appreciated.

Jim

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Unable to send information from sharepoint document library list to PowerApp iFrame embed on Modern sharepoint page

Hi @jimbul 

Could you please reference this?

https://wonderlaura.com/2017/04/27/embed-powerapps-on-sharepoint-modern-pages/

Best Regards.

Yumia

jimbul

Re: Unable to send information from sharepoint document library list to PowerApp iFrame embed on Modern sharepoint page

hi @v-yuxima-msft ,

I have no problem embedding the power app in a sharepoint page - i cannot connect the powerapp to the list on the same page so the powerapp can be used to edit it in context..... I've put my example in my original query.

Yes i've seen this page but it doesn't address my query.

Thank you,

Jim

jimbul

@v-yuxima-msft any other thoughts?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 167 members 4,626 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: