cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CvdK
Level: Powered On

Unable to submit form due to issue with combobox (after saving in version 3.19062.18)

Today I suddenly have the following issue.

I open a form in edit mode with a sharepoint record.

In the form is a combobox. In the interface the combobox shows the selected item as the value from my sharepoint record.

Capture.JPG

But when I then try to submit the form. I get the error that an entry is required. (It is set as required in sharepoint).

Error.jpg

Only when I manually reselect the item from the combobox can I submit the form.

I don't remember having this issue earlier this week. So it may be releated to the upgrade of 3.19062.18. Or am I missing out on something?

I created a label and and let it show the Combobox.Selected.Value. It is blank.

Only when I reselect the item in the combobox does the label show the selected value.

It appears the the connection between what is shown as the DefaultSelectedItems and the value of Combobox.Selected.Value is broken.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem.

I need it fixed asap so i can continue developing my app.

kr,

Casper

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
CvdK

Re: Unable to submit form due to issue with combobox (after saving in version 3.19062.18)

Thanks for the help. I found the solution.

It had nothing to do with the version of Powerapps. I thought it worked in an ealier version but it did not, so probably I thought I tested it before and did not.

What did couse the issue was that when setting the defaultselectedItems for a Combobox just setting a value from an Item in the source Items by using ["itemvalue"] (In my case [Parent.Default]) wasn't enough eventhough the value was in the source items.

To correctly set the defaultselecteditems I had to use the following:

LookUp(Collection, Value = Parent.Default) or you could use the Filter function to select multiple items.

6 REPLIES 6
HendosMark

Re: Unable to submit form due to issue with combobox (after saving in version 3.19062.18)

I'm experiencing issues with all commands related to Forms (submitform, resetform etc)

It appears the new update to Powerapps 3.19062.18 is causing problems with this functionality, hopefully they will get on the ball soon

Mark

AdamD

What is the DefaultSelectedItems property set to in the combobox? What is the information stored in the combobox's Items property?

CvdK

DefaultSelectedItems is set to [Parent.Default] which in turn is set to ThisItem.Year.

As you can see from the sreenshot the value for the DefaultSelectedItems is correctly read from my Sharepointlist otherwise the combobox would be empty.

Capture2.JPG

As you can see the value is correctly displayed in the selected items list. But saving results in the aforementioned error.

AdamD

Comboboxes can be tricky. You can set a value that exists outside of your items list to the DefaultSelectedItems property in your combobox, and it will display just fine but won't save. That's kind of what I'm thinking is the problem, there's a disconnect between the value being displayed in the DefaultSelectedItems and how it relates to the available list of items your combobox populates. Is the source of your Items list from the same SharePoint list as choices or from a different source?

As an example, I can have a combobox with items ["1","2","3"] to select from, but I can configure the DefaultSelectedItems property to ["4"] and it will look like 4 is successfully selected as an item in the combobox during use.

CvdK

Thanks, I will look into it and let you know. It is from a different source but is has originaly been written from that source, so should be identical. As you can see the selected item is in the list.

Fortunately for now my workingday is over. So I will continue with it later.

kr,

Casper

Highlighted
CvdK

Thanks for the help. I found the solution.

It had nothing to do with the version of Powerapps. I thought it worked in an ealier version but it did not, so probably I thought I tested it before and did not.

What did couse the issue was that when setting the defaultselectedItems for a Combobox just setting a value from an Item in the source Items by using ["itemvalue"] (In my case [Parent.Default]) wasn't enough eventhough the value was in the source items.

To correctly set the defaultselecteditems I had to use the following:

LookUp(Collection, Value = Parent.Default) or you could use the Filter function to select multiple items.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Tomorrow, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 227 members 4,081 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: