cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerApps Staff Mengping-Shawn
PowerApps Staff

Re: Understanding Source of Crashes

Hi @BegeNCSU 

With the Session ID you provided, we were only able to see the app did crashed and reloaded.

If it's like you said, there are various types of crashing behavior, can you please also provide some Session ID for each type of them if you can collect them? That's going to help us diagnose whether they are due to the same cause or there are actually several issue with our app.

Thanks a lot,

Highlighted
BegeNCSU
Level: Powered On

@Mengping-Shawn  I finally got a session ID out of one of my users, I'm hoping to have more soon if the crashes continue:

793b96eb-d4d1-474c-b1c1-77fea9505cb5
PowerApps Staff

Hi @BegeNCSU 

Thanks for providing the Session ID. From our end the crash in this session looks very similar to the previous sessions. Our team is working on that now. Please still keep us posted if there are more crashes. That will help us greatly!

Regards,

BegeNCSU

@Mengping-Shawn , another to review : 4d513a0c-a5db-4409-9347-b1696201be0f

BegeNCSU

@Mengping-Shawn  And another one: d8b41917-87e5-48e2-a774-10a3caf6b13f

PowerApps Staff

Hi @BegeNCSU 

We've looked into your session and can confirm that your crash comes from loading too much things at once. There are a couple of things that you can try to reduce or avoid that:

1. can you check if Enhanced SaveData and LoadData option is enabled under App Setting -> Advanced Settings? That should ease memory consumption a bit and reduce memory-related crashes.

2. can you check if your apps loads a lot of screen at start? You can check that by clicking into App or any Screen in Tree view (please see my attached screenshot), and on the pannel on the right you can see those onStart, onVisible and onHidden Action. It's suggested that you only load the data you need and do clean up when leaving a Screen to the next.

3. If you are getting your data from SQL database or SharePoint, it's suggested that you get only the columns you need by specifying the column names with ShowColumn formula. For example: Collect(localcollection, ShowColumn(SQLData, “Tittle”, “Name”, “Account No”))

Thank you very much again for providing the Session IDs. We are currently working on optimizing memory issue and still don't have a clear ETA for the next improvement. We are sorry about any trouble this memory issue caused.

BegeNCSU

Thank you for your help @Mengping-Shawn , I'll work on tightening up my screens and narrowing down what I pull in.