cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zachrenwick
Level: Powered On

Unexpected Error when trying to Get Data for PowerApps entities

While using the Community Plan to test out the AI builder solutions shown below, I get an "unexpected error" message as soon as I click browse.

I seem to be able to successfully load the Power Query window when I'm on a production account environment, but not when I'm using the community PowerApps plan.

Any known fixes? Would really like to try these AI features out in a development environment.

https://github.com/microsoft/PowerApps-Samples/tree/master/ai-builder

Error image attached

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Unexpected Error when trying to Get Data for PowerApps entities

Hi @zachrenwick ,

Do you want to load data from the csv files (within the github link you mentioned) into a CDS Entity using Power Query?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think you have something misunderstanding with the "Browse" option within Text/CSV Power Query option.

When you click "Browse" option, it would open your OneDrive (OneDrive for Business) to let you select the file:5.JPG

As an fixed solution, please consider type the CSV file URL Link within the File path or URL box directly:6.JPG

Set the  File path or URL box to following:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/microsoft/PowerApps-Samples/master/ai-builder/aib_onlineshopperintention.csv

Then when you click "Next" button, the data would be loaded properly as below:7.JPG

Please check if you have selected a proper On-premise data gateway within the Connection credentials part. please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Unexpected Error when trying to Get Data for PowerApps entities

Hi @zachrenwick ,

Do you want to load data from the csv files (within the github link you mentioned) into a CDS Entity using Power Query?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think you have something misunderstanding with the "Browse" option within Text/CSV Power Query option.

When you click "Browse" option, it would open your OneDrive (OneDrive for Business) to let you select the file:5.JPG

As an fixed solution, please consider type the CSV file URL Link within the File path or URL box directly:6.JPG

Set the  File path or URL box to following:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/microsoft/PowerApps-Samples/master/ai-builder/aib_onlineshopperintention.csv

Then when you click "Next" button, the data would be loaded properly as below:7.JPG

Please check if you have selected a proper On-premise data gateway within the Connection credentials part. please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.