cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valuehr
Level: Powered On

Unpublish an app

How do I unpublish an app? Let's say I am developing several apps, testing them, etc., but I don't want the beta apps to show up for other users until I'm ready.  Is it just best not to publish until I'm ready?

Or let's say I have published an app and then at some point later, don't really need it. I don't want to delete it, as the functions, layout, etc. will come in handy and the app might be of some use later.  I'd like to simply "unpublish it".

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Meneghino
Level 10

Re: Unpublish an app

hi @valuehr

you can unpublish an app by restoring a previous version.

__.JPG

valuehr

But the previous versions do not contain the most recent changes.  I only want to unpublish the one that has been published as it contains the latest content. Is there a way to do that?

Meneghino
Level 10

Every time you save (i.e. press Ctrl+S if you are using desktop studio) a new version is created.

Your published version does not change.

valuehr

Ok, just one last question.  Does that apply if I'm using the Windows version?

Thanks for your help.

Meneghino
Level 10

Yes, I believe so.

fbxiii

I am trying to do the same, but restoring a previous version just makes it the new 'Live' published version and it still appears in the Mobile app.

Super User
Super User

If you just want to remove the PowerApp from everyone but keep it around for reference you could could just change the permissions of the app, so no one but yourself has access.

fbxiii

I don't want it to be visible in the mobile App under MyApps but still want it to be available for reference through PowerApps.

Pat_Wickramage

As far as I know this is not available still.

I was looking to do the same.

But with no luck.

Version control only helps you to undo latest relases, but no unpublish a whole app.