cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
j_rosa
Level: Powered On

Update Button not Working

I am currently creating an app that is attached to a Sharepoint. There are two main groups of people using this app and I have created slightly different screens that they can access within this app. One group has a home screen that displays only forms they have submitted (and they do not have access to the data in the Sharepoint). The other group has a home screen that displays all submitted forms.

I want both of these groups to have access to an editable version of any form that is available to them (i.e. the first group can edit any form they have previously submitted). To do this so that they will not end up on the other end's home screen, I have created two edit/view screens that do the same thing but navigate back to their respective home screens. On both of these edit forms the update button is not working. I have a SubmitForm function in the OnSelect section in both and when typing in the formula I get no errors; when I go to test the app though and edit a form from either page I get the attached error. It comes up as a runtime error and I then get the error underline under my SubmitForm function. Any reason this error appears?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheRobRush
Level 8

Re: Update Button not Working

Did you try to manually edit the form? I find its easier to just delete the form, refresh the data source, then readd the form and set it up again. Something about the date time card in the forms is really tempermental about source format changes.
11 REPLIES 11
Super User
Super User

Can ou share what the Forms look like?  The error would suggest that you are trying to save a value to a DateTime column in SharePoint, but aren't submitting a valid DateTime value.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
j_rosa

Yes. Attached is what my form looks like... also that is what I suspected the error meant but they were all initially pulled to be data cards from the columns in my Sharepoint. Also I had this app connected to an Excel before this and the update function worked then but now that it is connected to a Sharepoint I am getting issues.

Super User
Super User

One of the differences between Excel and SharePoint is that Excel will accept just the Date portion of a DateTime as valid.  SharePoint expects both the Date and the Time.  I would check to make sure you are sending both when you save the record if you started the forms with an Excel Data source.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
j_rosa

How can I make sure that it is sending both values? My form does not request the time and that works when submitting a new form but not for the edit.... 

TheRobRush
Level 8

You check your sharepoint lists column settings to remove the time portion? You can do it with a single button click. Or alternatively set its formula to something like =TEXT(ParentDate,”dd Mmm, yyyy”)

Side note, once you update the column to date only you MAY have to regenerate your forms in powerapps as they can be finicky when a source changes
j_rosa

@TheRobRush  so my columns are formatted to be date only and I have updated my forms but am still getting the error. Any other reason it may not be working?

TheRobRush
Level 8

Did you try to manually edit the form? I find its easier to just delete the form, refresh the data source, then readd the form and set it up again. Something about the date time card in the forms is really tempermental about source format changes.
j_rosa

I will try this when I next work on the app. Thanks!

TheRobRush
Level 8

Did you have any luck fixing your issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Tomorrow, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 222 members 3,886 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: