cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plzampieri
Level: Powered On

Update data from Collection into SQL Server

Hello,

I'm using a Collection to store data locally in mobile phone. What I do is I pull this data to a collection, make changes and want to send back to the SQL Server.

I'm using ForAll but this is not working. The collection name is 'clcDadosOffline'. The code is below:

ForAll(clcDadosOffLine;
  Patch ('[dbo].[TropicalChamber]'; First(Filter('[dbo].[TropicalChamber]';identification=clcDadosOffLine.identification));{Week1_Carnal:    31; Week1_Flor: 41}))

What I'd like is: Get each line of the Collection, looking at the SQL Server (The field is 'identification'). Once I find this row, I'd update with new values.

Does anyone has a clue on how to make this work?

Thanks.

Paulo Zampieri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Update data from Collection into SQL Server

Hi Paulo,

Assuming that both '[dbo].[TropicalChamber]' and clcDadosOffLine contain a field called identification, the error might be due to incorrect disambiguation syntax.

I would try the following to see if that makes any difference.

ForAll(clcDadosOffLine;
        Patch ('[dbo].[TropicalChamber]'; 
First(Filter('[dbo].[TropicalChamber]';identification=clcDadosOffLine[@identification]));
{Week1_Carnal: 31; Week1_Flor: 41}
)
)

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi Paulo,

Assuming that both '[dbo].[TropicalChamber]' and clcDadosOffLine contain a field called identification, the error might be due to incorrect disambiguation syntax.

I would try the following to see if that makes any difference.

ForAll(clcDadosOffLine;
        Patch ('[dbo].[TropicalChamber]'; 
First(Filter('[dbo].[TropicalChamber]';identification=clcDadosOffLine[@identification]));
{Week1_Carnal: 31; Week1_Flor: 41}
)
)

plzampieri
Level: Powered On

Hello, Timl

That worked pretty well.

thank you so much.

Paulo.