cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balaji
Level: Powered On

Use of On-Premise data gateway in newly created environments(Not in default environment)

Hi, Is it possible to have an On-Premises data gateway for Flows other than the default environment? 

I did see a note in the documentation that it cannot be created. Also, I can see the below in the newly created environment.

image.png

So have anyone tried it or anyways to achieve it?  Why is this restriction? 

If this cannot be sorted out, then there is no use of developing a Flow which connects to an On-Premises system, since it cannot be promoted to production environments. 

Thanks,

Balaji 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Use of On-Premise data gateway in newly created environments(Not in default environment)

Currently gateways only work in the default production environment.  Using Gateways in a non-default environment is a planned feature on the roadmap, but it isn't available yet.  You can check on the progress here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Gateway-in-non-default-environments/idi-p/24310

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Use of On-Premise data gateway in newly created environments(Not in default environment)

Currently gateways only work in the default production environment.  Using Gateways in a non-default environment is a planned feature on the roadmap, but it isn't available yet.  You can check on the progress here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Gateway-in-non-default-environments/idi-p/24310

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @balaji 

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to use the on-premises gateway in an environment other than the default environment. On the ideas forum, this feature is marked as a 'planned feature'.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Gateway-in-non-default-environments/idi-p/24310/...

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 134 members 4,439 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: