cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tianaranjo
Level 8

!! User Photo from Sharepoint - Is it a bug?

I have a SharePoint list with employee names to include their emp id, email, Name, and photo - pulling from 'Person/Group'.  In my app, I have a gallery and an image control with ThisItem. SpeakerEmail.Picture.  All photos display great in web editor and desktop.  However, they are not visible on my mobile.  

Is this a bug or creator error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tianaranjo
Level 8

Re: !! User Photo from Sharepoint - Is it a bug?

Thanks; I resolved by adding a document library with the photos and connecting my Powerapp.  Not ideal; but it works for what I need.

3 REPLIES 3
KickingApps
Level 8

Figured out a painful workaround for this -- I'm sure there is a much easier way but I pulled the jpg from the collection, saved to a sharepoint list and returned as a photo collection.  For others looking for a solution to doing something similar, I would recommend utilizing a flow to or possibly graph api (?) -- not sure if that is an option but worth checking out.  

iamlee
Level 8

This is a limitation with the current platform, I couldn't find any update though that they've fixed it. It's because of an authentication procedure hence it doesn't display it. The workaround was to put the image in a public folder and that worked for me. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Can-t-see-pictures-in-IOS-devices/td-p/39676

tianaranjo
Level 8

Thanks; I resolved by adding a document library with the photos and connecting my Powerapp.  Not ideal; but it works for what I need.