Highlighted
PAB
Level: Powered On
Accepted Solution

Using a Collection to Store data locally and then loading it on a different screen that they select

Hi,

So I am trying to dig deeper into collections and how I could use that to store some information locally and then use it to load to a different screen. I am trying to make my performance better because right now it is loading every screen I have when an item is selected and the loading dots appear for a while. The database I have is over 10,000 records so it is pretty large and I want to cut down on load time as much as possible.

First Screen: For starters the first screen is a gallery combined with three listbox filters. The first and second filter are used to filter the list to return less records and the third listbox selection directs them to a specific page based on their selection on the third screen.

My formula for the gallery looks like this:

Second Screen: It then leads them to another screen/gallery (the second screen) that adds the filter to the gallery based on what item they selected on the first screen.

Third Screen:

Then when they select the item on the third screen it uses the third listbox that I discussed on the first screen to direct them to the screen for that product.

Note: instead of just loading the screen they navigate to it loads all of the information for each screen even the ones they didn't navigate to. Is there a way using collections to store the data locally and only load it on the screen they navigate to? Or any other way to cut down on load time and only load the screens they navigate to?

Let me know if you have any further questions or suggestions!

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
PAB

Re: Using a Collection to Store data locally and then loading it on a different screen that they sel

I was able to use a nested if statement to solve my issue and didn't have to use a collection at all. Thank you for your response!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Community Support Team

Re: Using a Collection to Store data locally and then loading it on a different screen that they sel

Hi @PAB,

Would you please share the formulas you used in your screens?

And if would be better if you could share some screenshots here.

For collection usage, please check:

Create and update a collection in your app

Regards,

Michael

PAB

I was able to use a nested if statement to solve my issue and didn't have to use a collection at all. Thank you for your response!