cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Video tutorial: Nested Galleries / Sub-Galleries.

That worked perfectly. Now i will try to combine it with the search bar :-)

Thomashager78
Level: Power Up

Great video. Would it be possible to combine this solution with the solution in your other video about ”in galleri editing” to make it possible to actually update and add records directly in this view? I have a feeling the grouping of records would prevent that... Thanks for the great insights!
Super User
Super User

Hi Thomas
Yes, you can combine nested galleries with in-gallery editing. For editing you use the Patch command which is an instruction to add or update a record and is independent of anything else. You simply need to get a unique Identifier from the selected gallery item and you use that to specify the record to update.
Thomashager78

Sounds really great but if I would edit one of the “grouped” fields it should actually patch for an update of several records then. Right? Could that still be done with the same approach? Thanks!

Super User
Super User

Hi, to update multiple records, use UpdateIf rather than Patch. Get the identifier of the group and use that in the UpdateIf function to specify the records to be changed.
Thomashager78

Excellent. Then it is all covered. Thanks!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to come back and let you know that this is the end result. I started by gleaning on your solution and then this is the solution that we ran with. It needs refinement for sure as its not eficient but for being my first time ever with Power Apps it works. i'm using your two gallery setup but took out the gallery set item heights as it just wouldn't work smooth enough for my users. I could be that i just didn't get the measures right but we are happy with what we have. Now onto building v2 of this solution and i'm looking to use your expanding selection.. well i hope to use it.

SortByColumns(Filter(GroupBy(Filter('Case Management',spgCaseStatus.Value="Active"||spgSupportStage="IP"||spgSupportStage="Drafting an IP (notify EPO)"||spgSupportStage="Identifying & clarifying support needs"||spgSupportStage="Preliminary Advice re: significant concerns (notify EPO)"),"spgSupportStage","SchoolGrouping"),TextSearchBox1_1.Text in spgSupportStage),"spgSupportStage",["IP","Drafting an IP (notify EPO)","Preliminary Advice re: significant concerns (notify EPO)"])