Sounds really great but if I would edit one of the “grouped” fields it should actually patch for an update of several records then. Right? Could that still be done with the same approach? Thanks!
I just wanted to come back and let you know that this is the end result. I started by gleaning on your solution and then this is the solution that we ran with. It needs refinement for sure as its not eficient but for being my first time ever with Power Apps it works. i'm using your two gallery setup but took out the gallery set item heights as it just wouldn't work smooth enough for my users. I could be that i just didn't get the measures right but we are happy with what we have. Now onto building v2 of this solution and i'm looking to use your expanding selection.. well i hope to use it.
SortByColumns(Filter(GroupBy(Filter('Case Management',spgCaseStatus.Value="Active"||spgSupportStage="IP"||spgSupportStage="Drafting an IP (notify EPO)"||spgSupportStage="Identifying & clarifying support needs"||spgSupportStage="Preliminary Advice re: significant concerns (notify EPO)"),"spgSupportStage","SchoolGrouping"),TextSearchBox1_1.Text in spgSupportStage),"spgSupportStage",["IP","Drafting an IP (notify EPO)","Preliminary Advice re: significant concerns (notify EPO)"])