cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vish_p
Level 8

ViewForm Data fetch error

I have collected 2 sharepoint lists of same datatype to a collection lets say,"2listcollection" and now i am allowing user to filter that collection based on "Code" value and when user clicks on the filtered item it will take them to Details page wherein all the details about that item is displayed (in a display form) ,since the items are from both the sharepoint list i dont know how to link my viewform with datasource ,so i tried linking directly with "2listcollection" and everything works fine except two data fields,which for me works fine but for the user doesn't work well,

two fields like "Request type" & "Service Provider" are stuck with some random single data wich doesn't refresh at all but if user refresh the whole application then for first search everything works fine but then again these 2 fields are getting stuck at old data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
vish_p
Level 8

Re: ViewForm Data fetch error

Both the column types are "Choice" and the related prop setting was Choices(sharepointlist1.requsttype) or  Choices(sharepointlist1.serviceprovider).

Now i have implemented a workaround using 2 galleries in same screen wherein 1 gallery is linked to splist1 and the other to splist2

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @vish_p,

Did you mean that  "Request type" & "Service Provider" columns does not show correct data inside the Display Form control for users? If so, what is the column types of these 2 fields? And what is the related property setting of the control of these 2 fields? 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
vish_p
Level 8

Both the column types are "Choice" and the related prop setting was Choices(sharepointlist1.requsttype) or  Choices(sharepointlist1.serviceprovider).

Now i have implemented a workaround using 2 galleries in same screen wherein 1 gallery is linked to splist1 and the other to splist2

vish_p
Level 8

@v-monli-msft

That workaround also didn't save me again users are facing the same issue and i have made a seperate thread for that ,please read and help me i am stuck at this for more than a month now.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Choice-column-type-data-fetch-issue-from-shar...

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

Follow PowerApps on Twitter

Stay Up-to-Date by following PowerApps on Twitter

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

Users Online
Currently online: 39 members 4,442 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: