cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradl
Level: Powered On

Visible Data Card Validation

Hi,

I have a From that has hidden and visible datacards, the visible Data Cards are filled Red by default and change colour "Green" when their text fields are filled or check boxes are checked.

Red.PNG

Is there a way to validate when all visible Data Cards are Green , the problem i have is that the visible Data Cards are dynamic and change per user as to which ones are visible.

Green.PNG

Idealy would like to Change a Flag from Red to Green once all Visible Data Cards are green or toggle a completed Switch.

Thanks

Brad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft Employee

Re: Visible Data Card Validation

Hi bradl,

I assume you already have a card validation function that sets card colors. Aside from setting the color to Red or Green, that function could also update corresponding record values in a table (that has a number of rows equal to the number of cards and that is pre-created with 0s on application start) and update the corresponding record to 1 if the card is validated (colored Green) or 0 if the card is not yet validated (colored Red).

In this case, your "Completed" control could be bound to the first record value of that table after it is sorted. If there's at least one 0 in the table (meaning that there's at least one Red card that was not validated yet) the first record will contain that 0 value after the tabel is sorted. You can find more information about working with records and tables here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/working-with-tables

Hope this helps

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft Employee

Hi bradl,

I assume you already have a card validation function that sets card colors. Aside from setting the color to Red or Green, that function could also update corresponding record values in a table (that has a number of rows equal to the number of cards and that is pre-created with 0s on application start) and update the corresponding record to 1 if the card is validated (colored Green) or 0 if the card is not yet validated (colored Red).

In this case, your "Completed" control could be bound to the first record value of that table after it is sorted. If there's at least one 0 in the table (meaning that there's at least one Red card that was not validated yet) the first record will contain that 0 value after the tabel is sorted. You can find more information about working with records and tables here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/working-with-tables

Hope this helps

bradl
Level: Powered On

Thanks this has helped me to come up with a solution , that i think will work

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 50 members 4,278 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: