cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AlanTrollip
Level: Power Up

Water Consumption database -Which product/service?

Hi all

My machinery tracks water flow in Irrigation canals by the height of water in a calibrated channel.

A table tells us what each mm in height represents in cubic meters per second flow rate.

(we cannot use a formula..)

Currently my excel sheet does a VLOOKUP to get flow rate * seconds between readings to give a volume...

Data Source 1

A PLC records a mm reading that is logged every 2 minutes with a date/time stamp.

A CSV file is generated

Data Source 2

A Raspberry Pi or similar unit reads from the PLC, then publishes to a MQTT broker for us to store in a database format

Data Source 3

A user punches in the ordered volume or flow rate for a set period.

Typical Outputs

1. Ordered vs actual level graph over a selected period

2. Ordered vs actual volume order over a selected period

3. Year to date ordered vs set vs actual - deficit or surplus

4. Current Level

This needs to be accessible in real time by my clients for checking current status and for punching in orders.

It would be awesome for them to punch an order for the week, and the new settings pushed down to the PLC.

So, what i need to know what platform / approach would allow for the mobile app for interaction and desktop for the deeper graphs etc.

Suggestions for direction to take?

Thanks !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Water Consumption database -Which product/service?

Hey,

I know this is a really old thread, but I've only just seen it.

You can now do this with a combination of PowerApps, Flow and PowerBI - you'd create a streaming datasource and configure the flow to read from your source and add new row each time, with the PowerApp having the input section for flow rate or whatever you wanted.

Pretty sure considering the date this was posted that you've likely found another solution, but here's the link for how to set up the streaming 'live' PowerBI combined with Flow and PowerApps - you should be able to adapt from this to your needs if it is still needed:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Community-Blog/Integrating-PowerApps-Power-BI-and-Flow...

also this one

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/nl-nl/blog/push-rows-to-a-power-bi-streaming-dataset-without-writing-a...

Cheers,

ManCat

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' and 'Thumbs Up' those who deserve it!
1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Water Consumption database -Which product/service?

Hey,

I know this is a really old thread, but I've only just seen it.

You can now do this with a combination of PowerApps, Flow and PowerBI - you'd create a streaming datasource and configure the flow to read from your source and add new row each time, with the PowerApp having the input section for flow rate or whatever you wanted.

Pretty sure considering the date this was posted that you've likely found another solution, but here's the link for how to set up the streaming 'live' PowerBI combined with Flow and PowerApps - you should be able to adapt from this to your needs if it is still needed:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Community-Blog/Integrating-PowerApps-Power-BI-and-Flow...

also this one

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/nl-nl/blog/push-rows-to-a-power-bi-streaming-dataset-without-writing-a...

Cheers,

ManCat

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' and 'Thumbs Up' those who deserve it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 123 members 4,563 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: