Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Efleck
Level: Powered On

Weird interaction between PowerApps and SharePoint

Hello!

(Problem after both codes, this first paragraphs are just for context)

So lately I've been developing an app that allows one person to Add a value to a certain item's quantity and another person to Subtract from that same item's quantity, both determined by the value of a slider.

So this interaction was working perfectly, but when I tried using two devices at the same time, one in the add screen and the other on the subtract screen. The first one to click the button that patches the SharePoint List was able to do so, whilst the other got an ETAG mismatch error.

To try and fix this I made a post here with the problem and got a solution. To change from a Patch() to a UpdateIf() and it worked, got rid of the ETAG mismatch error. But brought me a new one even weirder.

So here is the deal, I've got my PowerApps app linked to a SharePoint list with about 15 items with just 2 columns. The items name (Title) and the items quantity (Qtd.). The code for both the Add and the Subtract buttons are as follows:

Add

Refresh(Ferramentas);;
If(
    Slider2_1.Value > 0;
    UpdateIf(                                  /* This was the solution to the ETAG mismatch /*
        Ferramentas;
        ThisItem.'Qtd.' >= 0;                  /* This was required to make the UpdateIf() work /*
        {'Qtd.': Value(ThisItem.'Qtd.') + Slider2_1.Value}
    )
);;
If(
    Slider2_1.Value > 0;
    Navigate(
        TelaÊxito;
        ScreenTransition.Cover
    )
)

Subtract

Refresh(Ferramentas);;
If(
    Slider2.Value > 0 && Value(ThisItem.'Qtd.') > 0;
    Patch(
        Ferramentas;
        ThisItem;
        {'Qtd.': Value(ThisItem.'Qtd.') - Slider2.Value}
    )
);;
If(
    Slider2.Value > 0 && Value(ThisItem.'Qtd.') > 0;
    Navigate(
        TelaÊxito;
        ScreenTransition.Cover
    )
);;
If(
    Slider2.Value > 0 && Value(ThisItem.'Qtd.') <= 0;
    Navigate(
        TelaErro;
        ScreenTransition.Cover
    )
);;
Reset(Slider2);;
Reset(Gallery2)

P.S.: I added sucessful and error screens in both buttons

Finally after all this blabering I will get to the point I'm having trouble.

Here is the problem:

1- I set manually all sharepoint values to Number W;

2- I click the Subtract button with the Slider set at a certain value, Number W gets subtracted by Slider2.Value on that specific item, displaying now Number X (Number W - Slider2.Value);

3- I now click the Add button with the Slider set again at a certain value, but now, EVERY item in my SP list gets its Qtd. set to Number W + Slider2_1.Value instead of that specific item changing to Number X + Slider2_1.Value. Lets call this new number Number Y;

4- I once again click the Subtract button with the Slider at a certain value, but now, instead of taking Number Y and subtracting the Slider2.Value on that specific item, it subtracts from Number X;

5- Repeat steps 3 and 4 indefinetly always getting higher;

This keeps happening until I close PowerApps and change SharePoint's values manually. After which it starts again if I use the app.

Anyone got any insight of what this might be?