cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theallbritton
Level: Powered On

What is the reason for default font sizes being different from those available in the dropdown?

I have noticed that if, for example, I insert a new label, it has the font size of 21.  If you go to change it anything above 11 is even and not odd numbered.

Are those the suggested sizes for best practice?

powerapps font size question.PNGWhy is default size different than sizes to select?Steve Allbritton

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: What is the reason for default font sizes being different from those available in the dropdown?

@theallbritton 

I believe the answer is that they are suggested sizes that increment based on a common pattern of use.  You'll notice that they increment by 1 then 2 then 4 then 8 (then oddly enough 4 again).  They are just suggested sizes in the sense that the dropdown list would not be long.

You can put in any valid size you want in the Property.

I hope that helps explain it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: What is the reason for default font sizes being different from those available in the dropdown?

@theallbritton 

I believe the answer is that they are suggested sizes that increment based on a common pattern of use.  You'll notice that they increment by 1 then 2 then 4 then 8 (then oddly enough 4 again).  They are just suggested sizes in the sense that the dropdown list would not be long.

You can put in any valid size you want in the Property.

I hope that helps explain it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
theallbritton
Level: Powered On

I just find it curious that the default font size for a label, in my environment at least, is a number that is not listed in the default font size dropdown.  Same thing applies for other elements that you can insert.

Oh well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

Follow PowerApps on Twitter

Stay Up-to-Date by following PowerApps on Twitter

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

Users Online
Currently online: 42 members 4,349 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: