cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wpryan
Level: Powered On

When creating new account, PowerApps doesn't like my email address

When making the initial setup, PowerApps doesn't allow the use of common email accounts (e.g. gmail, outlook), and looks instead for work or school accounts. I created a new domain for myself, thinking I can get around this limitation. However, when I tried to use the email address from my domain (i-ryan.net) I get an error message "This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address." I don't get it. Who reserved the domain? It certainly wasn't me! Why can't I use it for PowerApps? Is there a workaround?

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Re: When creating new account, PowerApps doesn't like my email address

Hi @wpryan, Based on the error message that you provided, it seems to tell that the domain (i-ryan.net) of your email is a part of a reserved domain, you could not use it to sign up PowerApps. Actually, the email you created a domain (i-ryan.net) for is a Personal email rather than a Work or School email. Currently, Personal email is not supported to sign up for PowerApps. In addition, Consumer email services, telecommunication providers, government, and military addresses aren't supported in PowerApps. Please take a try to use your Work or School email address which contains your company domain or School domain to sign up PowerApps, then check if the issue is solved. If you want to get further help in your scenario, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ Best regards, Kris

All Replies
Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Hi @wpryan, Based on the error message that you provided, it seems to tell that the domain (i-ryan.net) of your email is a part of a reserved domain, you could not use it to sign up PowerApps. Actually, the email you created a domain (i-ryan.net) for is a Personal email rather than a Work or School email. Currently, Personal email is not supported to sign up for PowerApps. In addition, Consumer email services, telecommunication providers, government, and military addresses aren't supported in PowerApps. Please take a try to use your Work or School email address which contains your company domain or School domain to sign up PowerApps, then check if the issue is solved. If you want to get further help in your scenario, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ Best regards, Kris
wpryan
Level: Powered On

Somehow I was able to make a workaround for this, so I'm in. Don't ask how, because I don't remember... This brings up a question I have... What does PowerApps consider to be a "work or school" email address? Suppose I'm an independent insurance agent, or have a cleaning company or something like that. I go to GoDaddy and create an account for my business. What criteria does PowerApps use to know if the domain is "work or school"?