Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JonathanSiek
Level: Powered On

Where are .lnk files located?

Hello,

I'm trying to create a scenario where my Power App launches on startup. I want to throw the file inside the ShellSmiley Frustratedtartup folder. C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Untitled.png

I need to place this app inside that folder, but do not know where these link files live. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Where are .lnk files located?

@JonathanSiek 

Ah, then in that case, put the following in your startup:

ms-apps:///providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apps/<yourAppID>

That will pop right into the UWA with the app you requested.

I hope that helps you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@JonathanSiek 

Have you considered putting the URL in your startup instead?  This would launch the PowerApp based on its URL rather than a .lnk

Not sure if that helps, but hope it does.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
JonathanSiek
Level: Powered On

We are using the universal app to better render a full screen display. It's a requirement to use the universal windows app. The URL (I assume) is to the web-app, which we don't want to use. 

Super User
Super User

@JonathanSiek 

Ah, then in that case, put the following in your startup:

ms-apps:///providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apps/<yourAppID>

That will pop right into the UWA with the app you requested.

I hope that helps you.